Keg / Conditioning - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Keg / Conditioning
Cool Brewing Corny 5G & Mini Giveaway

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #11
billism
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
To answer the other part, wait as long to tap the keg as you would for a bottle. Let it sit for 2-3 weeks and then put it on pressure for 4 days.
Thanks for the that answer. While waiting the 2 to 3 weeks in the keg (untapped), should it be in the kegerator at fridge temp or at fermentation temp?

Basically, I am thjinking tht aging it will help improve the beer.


__________________
- Bill K.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #12
Kaiser
 
Kaiser's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pepperell, MA
Posts: 3,895
Liked 126 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 4


Quote:
Originally Posted by billism
Thanks for the that answer. While waiting the 2 to 3 weeks in the keg (untapped), should it be in the kegerator at fridge temp or at fermentation temp?

Basically, I am thjinking tht aging it will help improve the beer.
it should be at fridge/kegerator temp since your pressure is set for that temp and the desired CO2 level. It will also help the beer itself.

Kai



 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
billism
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser
it should be at fridge/kegerator temp since your pressure is set for that temp and the desired CO2 level. It will also help the beer itself.

Kai
So, put it in the fridge/kegerator and hook up CO2 pressure the same day I rack it from the 2ndary fermenter?

Sorry to ask again, but the answers seemed a little vague. =)

Thanks much!

- Bill
__________________
- Bill K.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Denny's Evil Concoctions's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Kelowna BC, Canada
Posts: 7,736
Liked 65 Times on 51 Posts


You can either rack then refridgerate or stick the carboy in the fridge for a few days first. Sticking the carboy in the fridge before racking with help settle out any yeast, etc. that is still in suspension, thus not in your keg.
__________________
I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #15
bikebryan
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 556
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by billism
So, put it in the fridge/kegerator and hook up CO2 pressure the same day I rack it from the 2ndary fermenter?

Sorry to ask again, but the answers seemed a little vague. =)

Thanks much!

- Bill
Best bet is to put the keg into the fridge a day prior so it can chill down; the CO2 will aborb better from the start that way, saving maybe a day on your carbonation time.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bottle Conditioning vs Carboy Conditioning. What's the difference? BrewOnBoard Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 09-05-2015 09:54 PM
Bottle Conditioning vs. Carboy Conditioning Omahawk Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 08-15-2009 03:28 PM
Conditioning.... HOP-HEAD Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 3 10-21-2008 06:05 PM
cask conditioning vs bottle conditioning D*Bo Bottling/Kegging 6 07-05-2006 01:05 PM
Conditioning Mike's Brew and Brat Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 12 12-17-2005 09:23 PM


Forum Jump