(another) Alton Brown/Good Eats "Amber Waves" Episode Discussion - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > (another) Alton Brown/Good Eats "Amber Waves" Episode Discussion

Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 AM   #21
pickles

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Columbus
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts

qoute from food network "Once the mash is cooled to 80 degrees it is now safe to add the yeast, ..."

Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #22
thewurzel
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Baltimore, MD
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Good Brew Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
See this recipe on air Wednesday Aug. 06 at 8:30 PM ET/PT.

Enjoy

Old 07-29-2008, 03:04 AM   #23
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

SO!
Let us stop bitching about it.
I am #1 on the list of home brewer Guests to be on the next Brew Show with AB! We can make it an hour long special, we'll visit brew festivals, interview Charlie P. We'll explore extract vs. Partial Mash vs. All Grain.

We will correct the methodology of His Greatness Alton Brown, and we will spread the word of Good Beer to the Masses.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #24
fat x nub

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i think he needs to join these forums and read a brewing vocab book. thats just sad. my first brew was more educated than that
Secondary 2- empty
Bottled/Kegged- Centinneal Blonde, Apfelwein
Up Next- MyCastle (N.English Brown Ale), Hooch Pale Ale
Thinking About: Tripple Bock, Chocolate Stout, open to suggestions

"Every beer is a good beer if I can taste the brewer's intent"
-Jim Koch

Is this guy serious??:
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabeach1 View Post
so barley is a leaves of hops? or barley is a different plant? and blend with hops? I need that to be cleared thanks..

Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #25
polarbearbrewing
Recipes 

Jul 2008
Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

as previously stated, i love alton's show but it makes me wonder how accurate the info regarding his other topics has been...all that stuff stood out to us because we research this topic and are fairly knowledgable about it...do i know the proper way to cook a souffle (sp?) no...does alton? your guess is as good as mine

my favorite part was "your kit may have things like a racking cane, capper, and hydrometer but those arent really necessary so we wont use them"

LMAO

Old 07-29-2008, 03:17 AM   #26
pickles

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Columbus

well in his defense you don't really need those things but the rest is a joke!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 AM   #27
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts

Say what you want about AB and even about that episode, but that episode is THE singular reason that I realized I could brew. Until I saw that episode I did not know how to homebrew and did not desire to learn.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #28
zweasel
Recipes 

Aug 2006
North of Detriot in Gods country, MI - Michigan
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think that everyone should stop bashing AB and start thanking him, like so many have said already he brought allot of us to homebrewing. Three years ago, I wanted to try to make my own beer, like so many friend had already, but never knew how or were to start until I seen AB 's show. I even made the same brew the same way. I recorded the show with the DVR and played it back while making my first brew. It actually tasted very good. Now I make better tasting beer but for that being the first it was not bad.

Thanks AB my house will never smell the same again, you can always catch a hint of hops in the air!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:43 AM   #29
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

pst

he just reads the script

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 AM   #30
pickles

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Columbus

I love good eats; its on my dvr list. That being said, he claims on his website to be the head writer