Negative cashflow day today rambling (hug needed)... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Negative cashflow day today rambling (hug needed)...

Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

OK, I know this is all self inflicted but I need some serious lovebombing here to get me out of panic mode...

I've just moved to a new apartment that I'm renovating/restoring. I've allready spend a fortune on the wood flooring (massive olied oak) and I've been planning and ordering a new kitchen (wich will make a serious dent in any wallet).

I'm also a serious photographer and I've been waiting for years for Nikon to launch a semi-pro fullframe body. I've said for years that when they launch that body I'll upgrade to FF gear (mighty expensive). A couple months ago I got word they where going to release one so I signed up for it and some new FF glass to go with it.

One of my other hobbies (obsessions really) is hifi and home cinema. It so happened that I sepparated a couple months ago and maybe a couple weeks later a friend and I took a couple beers with one of his friends. He is an excentric loudspeaker designer guru that has designed what I would describe as the most potent and accurate speaker systems available today (and I've heard them all...). Having listened to me rambling on about my sepparation (and drinking vast amounts of my homebrew, I might add) he said he had a pair of his ultra reference speaker cabinets for immediate delivery and spontaneously offered me them at a huge discount (usually it's 1-3 YEARS delivery time for his reference speakers and they are *not* cheap). So, I thought f*ck it, it's a one in a lifetime opportunity and I bought them...

So, what about the cash flow? Well, at 9:00 today I bought a huge wardobe system at IKEA. Way more money than I anticipated (IKEA is supposed to be cheap!). At 10:00 the company delivering the kitchen called and said that it was ready for delivery (and payment. Today...). at 11:00 the guy with the speakers called and said he would have the speakers assembled and ready for delivery saturday and would that he would like to come over to my place to tune them to my room (and get paid). At 14:00 the photo shop called and said that if I don't collect (and pay) the house today they will sell it to the next guy in line.

Gdang, I don't think I've ever spent so much money in one day as today. Still I think I feel OK

H

Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 338 Times on 169 Posts

Relax, don't worry, have a home brewed øl.

Skål!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Relax, don't worry, have a home brewed øl.

Skål!

The thing is that I JUST DRANK THE LAST "ÖL" (beer/homebrew). I'm on french peer cognac now...Chers, "ol' chap"!

H

PS. Never thought about the word "öl" ("beer") before. "ö" is actually "o" and "e" combined into one letter making "oel" which is prononced "ale"... hmm... what a coincidence...
DS

Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2195 Times on 768 Posts

Can I borrow some money?

Register Now!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Omaha, NE
Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Take a deep breath, exhale, take another deep breath, exhale, continue....
It will be okay! It may have been a rough financial day but you have lots of cool stuff and you are well on your way to the life you wanted.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
sdhucks7

Recipes 

Oct 2007
OKC

Amount of money spent= lots
Amount of enjoyment gained= holy crap a bunch!!
Have a few and you will forget all about the money. Or maybe I have had a few and it just sounded good. Live in the moment I say.

SD

Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I feel for you brother! I remember writing a check for $75,000 as a down payment on my house...that's the largest check I ever wrote...damned near took half my savings...

I wrote another large check 2 years later and paid off the house.

Now I'm just socking it away...

Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew View Post
Can I borrow some money?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
I feel for you brother! I remember writing a check for $75,000 as a down payment on my house...that's the largest check I ever wrote...damned near took half my savings...

I wrote another large check 2 years later and paid off the house.

Now I'm just socking it away...
Can I borrow your money, or better yet just give it to me.

Spending a bunch of money at once can be an enjoyable experience, but I always feel some regret the next few days. Kind of like a bad hangover.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Get a grip, fluffycat!!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #10
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

why are you furnishing an Apartment?
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...