I moved my batch of Hoppy Red Ale (that's what the recipe is called) from the primary into the secondary today. I think it went real well. I avoided most of the sediment, and my beer has a real nice, deep red hue. It tastes great, which surprised me.
It was only in the primary for five days, but this is as the recipe says, and for these first few batches, I am following the recipes like they are gospel. It had a starting gravity of around 1.065 and a finishing of around 1.012.
The recipe also called for dry hopping and had me put an ounce of hops in the secondary. I put them in before I racked. Theres a neat little green sludge layer of hops on the top.
EDIT: First image was HUGE