There's a message somewhere in there...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing all those BS one-sided, i hate America bands (Anti-flag, Greenday, etc.)

Fuk em

Just thought i'd share some political music that goes against the grain of the common "America sucks" music put out by punk bands.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=COXMUGEFnag[/youtube]

Lyrics:

Shh be quiet, you might piss somebody off
Like me mother****er, you've been at it for too long
While you feed off others insecurities
You stand in front of me and bite the hand that feeds

(Self-righteousness is wearing thin)
Lies inside your head your bestfriend
(Heart bleeds but not for fellow man)
Broken glass, your fake reflection

I've had enough its time for something real
Don't respect the words you're speaking
Gone too far, a clone

So how does it feel to know that someones kid in the heart of america
Has blood on their hands, fighting to defend your rights
So you can maintain the lifestyle that insults his family's existance
Well, where I'm from we have a special salute we aim high in the air
Towards all those pompous ******** who spend their days pointing fingers

**** you

Like the heartbeat of this country when antagonized too long
I'll be damned if you count me in as part of your generous hypocrisy
Collecting enemies

(Tabloid gossip queen, worthless man)
There's no need for us to bury you
(Selfish agenda, once again)
Right this way, you've dug your own grave

Don't respect the words you're speaking
Gone too far, a clone

All the way from the east to the west
We've got this high society looking down on this very foundation
Constantly reminding us that our actions are the cause of all their problems
Pointing the fingers in every direction
Blaming their own nation for who wins elections
They've never contributed a ****ing thing to the country they love to criticize

Excuse the obscene, ignore the untrue
Depictions we see, try and get through
Admitting mistakes can't hurt
I'm not the last but I sure ain't the first

(Self-righteousness is wearing thin)
Lies inside your head your bestfriend
(Heart bleeds but not for fellow man)
Broken glass, your fake reflection

Don't respect these words you speak
You've gone too far, a clone

Yay, fight divisiveness with more divisiveness.

What would the right do without its 'latte-drinking-liberal' stereotype to rail against? What would the left do without its 'SUV-driving flag-waiver' to rail against?

Just more time wasted on us vs them wedge warfare while our economy tanks and we waste billions on dirty sandpits halfway across the world.

I find no more substance in that song than I do in "American Idiot".

I'm listening to "Marry Song" by Band of Horses right now. F*ck yeah. No divisive us vs them garbage, just good music with meaningful lyrics.

I agree Evan!, I'm just sick of hearing one side to all this shti. I'd give Avenged Sevenfold a pat on the back, for standing up and showing some backbone instead of hopping on the bandwagon of "If we hate America, lets sing it loud! If we don't, let's not say anything."

You know you've gotten f&%$#@#$ old when....

In your 20's and 30's you were a music producer for one of the most progressive public radio stations in the country, a freelance photographer shooting covers for local punk/new wave bands, AND was a consultant, and booking agent for a hip jazz club in Detroit. On average you saw over 200 live music shows a year, either from backstage, or from the mainfloor center section within the first 10 rows. For your 25th Birthday your girlfriend who also worked in Public radio, called Sting's tour Manager and got you first row middle seats for a show. You brought performers like the Indigo Girls, Melissa Etheridge, to play in dive bars, and noone had heard of them. You sat in the program director's office of a cable studio drinking beer (while underage) and eating with John Fogerty's manager while the HBO special of his first non CCR album concert premiered (because the manager got stuck in Detroit with another of his clients) and you got to "babysit" him. You peed with Dizzy Gilespe, got stuck on a back stage stairwell with Sting's jazz band from his first non-police album, while you waited for a semi to unload. Once a year you hung out backstage with George Thorogood, knew that the cans of "beer" he held up during "I drink alone" were actually full of water, specially canned for him by the tour sponsor Budweiser because George was in AA and didn't drink. Were really surprised to find out that the scuzzy looking bald guy with the English Accent you were introduced to by George as simply "Eric" and had drank a couple beers with was actually Eric Clapton (It was right after his son died). You knew what it was like to feel Iggy Pop's spit on you. Had the Blues group Saffire the Uppity Blues Women, embarass the hell out of you by singing "I need a young man to drive away my middle age blues" after dragging you onstage, then one of them pinching your ass during a photo. Came to realize that as much as you loved Sarah Maclaughlin's music, she was a stone cold b@#$# to work with...

And now, in your 40's, you have no idea who the hell any of the bands mentioned on this thread are.

*sigh*

You know you've gotten f&%$#@#$ old when....

In your 20's and 30's you were a music producer for one of the most progressive public radio stations in the country, a freelance photographer shooting covers for local punk/new wave bands, AND was a consultant, and booking agent for a hip jazz club in Detroit. On average you saw over 200 live music shows a year, either from backstage, or from the mainfloor center section within the first 10 rows. For your 25th Birthday your girlfriend who also worked in Public radio, called Sting's tour Manager and got you first row middle seats for a show. You brought performers like the Indigo Girls, Melissa Etheridge, to play in dive bars, and noone had heard of them. You sat in the program director's office of a cable studio drinking beer (while underage) and eating with John Fogerty's manager while the HBO special of his first non CCR album concert premiered (because the manager got stuck in Detroit with another of his clients) and you got to "babysit" him. You peed with Dizzy Gilespe, got stuck on a back stage stairwell with Sting's jazz band from his first non-police album, while you waited for a semi to unload. Once a year you hung out backstage with George Thorogood, knew that the cans of "beer" he held up during "I drink alone" were actually full of water, specially canned for him by the tour sponsor Budweiser because George was in AA and didn't drink. Were really surprised to find out that the scuzzy looking bald guy with the English Accent you were introduced to by George as simply "Eric" and had drank a couple beers with was actually Eric Clapton (It was right after his son died). You knew what it was like to feel Iggy Pop's spit on you. Had the Blues group Saffire the Uppity Blues Women, embarass the hell out of you by singing "I need a young man to drive away my middle age blues" after dragging you onstage, then one of them pinching your ass during a photo. Came to realize that as much as you loved Sarah Maclaughlin's music, she was a stone cold b@#$# to work with...

And now, in your 40's, you have no idea who the hell any of the bands mentioned on this thread are.

*sigh*

+1 on that. for me its getting a masters in music and having no idea what the hell is going on in popular music! you would think that someone who makes a living playing music would know about the music on the radio but I have no freaking clue what the hell is going on! hahah whatevs, i've seen the world behind a bass! :rockin:

+1 on that. for me its getting a masters in music and having no idea what the hell is going on in popular music! you would think that someone who makes a living playing music would know about the music on the radio but I have no freaking clue what the hell is going on! hahah whatevs, i've seen the world behind a bass! :rockin:

What do you do...I didn't know you had a MA in music, cool!

Revvy you are just old, get over it. :D

They are from Orange County, so I remember seeing Avenged Sevenfold open small local shows. I hated them then too. The good bands they opened for are gone, and these guys somehow made it mainstream.

Revvy you are just old, get over it. :D

They are from Orange County, so I remember seeing Avenged Sevenfold open small local shows. I hated them then too. The good bands they opened for are gone, and these guys somehow made it mainstream.

Yeah...tell me about it....oh yeah, you already did...

*goes off to cry over lost youth.*

...instead of hopping on the bandwagon of "If we hate America, lets sing it loud! If we don't, let's not say anything."

There are still only like 0.00000005 songs of "America is f***ing up" for every 10,000 country songs that cry the opposite.

Back