Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Vissani Kegerator @ Home Depot - Thermostat question, fermentation chiller?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #21
toddrod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The absolute easiest way is the cheast freezer with your controller, and instead of drilling anything, just put beer lines with party taps on the end and leave them in the freezer. That way you can start kegging and spend some time looking for a friend who has the tools and knowledge to build the collar for you. It also allows you to save money and add other features as your budget allows.

This is what I will be doing.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #22
Tankard
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrod View Post
The absolute easiest way is the cheast freezer with your controller, and instead of drilling anything, just put beer lines with party taps on the end and leave them in the freezer. That way you can start kegging and spend some time looking for a friend who has the tools and knowledge to build the collar for you. It also allows you to save money and add other features as your budget allows.

This is what I will be doing.
That's an excellent idea. I can get those party taps for cheap at the LHBS.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 AM   #23
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Thanks toddrod!!!

Sometimes, I'll admit, I get so caught up in the details that I forget the easier and simpler solutions. VERY excellent suggestion! Effective AND budget, AND hopefully reliable! I've always liked GE's and Frigidaire's appliances myself.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 08-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #24
Tankard
Recipes 

I'm guilty as well. I've been reading detailed instructions on collar building, but toddrod's solution will be absolutely perfect for the time being.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #25
Tankard
Recipes 

Gotta love Home Depot... Took the kegerator back today, with no box, and they said "No problem, do you have your receipt?" After giving them the receipt, I had my money refunded in seconds. I didn't even have to explain why I was returning it (but I did anyway). Absolutely pain free.

The only chest freezer they had in the store was the Magic Chef. At first, it didn't look like a 6.5 gallon carboy would fit in the 5.5 cubic foot freezer, but after I took measurements, I realize that it would fit just fine. It looks like the fridge would fit 2 cornies and a 5 lb CO2 tank, or one carboy and 1 corny, but definitely not 2 cornies and a carboy, unless I get a 2x8 collar and set one of the cornies on the hump.

Anyway, this will be my last post for 2 weeks. I'm going on my yearly fishing/camping trip. Take care guys.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Have a safe and fun trip! Enjoy!!!

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #27
lukesparksoff
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #28
lukesparksoff
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Sooner81 View Post
It will work at a warmer temp. I bought one to hold a keg. Guess what it will not cool below 45 degrees. This thing is a piece of junk and this is the second one in less than a week.
People who don't know about kegerators shouldn't post replys.

HD Vissani is a cheap beer Keg cooler $299 for all people who have one or is thinking on buying one .Open the stat .On the right side of the stat it's a screw turn the screw 1.5 turns to the left.In(This stat can be adjusted to what ever you want it to be) one hour you will have Ice Cold beer for $300 less than the cost of most Kegerators.

(ps Turn your CO2 down to 10-12 Psi)

Old 04-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #29
phished880
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Had the same problem

I bought the same unit. I had the same problem. I called the tech support and they emailed me a tech manual. It was written by a tech and is very easy to alter the fridge's temp. please feel free to contact me if you would like the manual.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #30
VladoL
Recipes 

I just bought this Kegerator from Home Depot for $224 - NEW. It works great. Minimum temperature I got is 31F and the keg fits in with no problem. You cannot get any better deal anywhere.