Complete and total morons, do you work with some? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Complete and total morons, do you work with some?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
stever
Recipes 

Mar 2008
St. Louis
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I am in IT and get the great job of managing the email filter. What does that mean? I see all the email and get to delete the sh1t I think is farking stupid. So today I see one I haven't seen in maybe a year or more and what amazed me is the number of email addresses I could have harvested from it. Over 300 unique emails in this one email alone, and for what? well lets just see what they are forwarding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_idiot
Here something that you might want to read it was on the news .
Subject: FW: PLEEEEEASE READ!!!! It was on the news!

Dear friends,
Something to share with all of u. Would u believe if this is true? Read on..... For those who need money badly and this is one opportunity to try it! I'm an attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.

Dear Friends,
Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test. When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period. For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a cheque.
Regards.
Charles S. Bailey
General Manager Field Operations
[CONTACT DETAILS REMOVED]

I thought this was a scam myself, but two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I received a cheque for US$24,800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this Bill Gates is the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least US$10,000.00.

We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game. She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid In Full".

Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
$240.00/per email forwarded? ARE YOU INSANE?? I have a bridge to sell you if you think you are getting 200+ dollars per email that you forward. My gawd I have no idea how these people function from day to day. Maybe I should just collect these emails then sell them to Nigerian scammers.

Complete and total TOOLS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Great Cock man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
yeah, i've got big balls

Old 07-24-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts

I say you let the emails fly. Let the idiots that don't know any better bite the bait. It's called selective....selective....selective.........er.... ..uh.....I don't remember exactly what it is called...but it sounds like what's going on here...

Old 07-24-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
MattMann

Recipes 

May 2008
Roanoke, va

How much for the bridge?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

Anyone who describes AOL as one of "the largest Internet companies..."

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 07-24-2008, 02:38 AM   #5
JustDave

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Mass.
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Looks like my MIL is forwarding emails again.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #6
Rezilynt

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Bellingham, Washington
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

****. That started over 10 years ago. I feel you pain. I've been in IT in one capacity or the other for the past 22 years and have seen some really stupid stuff. Best payback I ever got was when I had a trainer climbing over a table to check tables. I start hearing laughter in the background and then I here the trainer "Oh my God, I forgot I was wearing a short skirt" That was sweet redemption.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I love it when IT guys think they need to comb your email.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 337 Times on 169 Posts

Since when are checks stamped "paid in full"?

Nice variation of the Nigerian e-mail scam.
Quote:
ATTN: PRESIDENT/CEO NETSCIENTIA CORPORATION It is with heart full of hope and gods wish that I write to seek your help in the context below. I am Mr. Claudio Kabila, the second son of the late Laurent Kabila Former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R.C) whose sudden death occurred in January 2001. Having gotten your particulars from my late father's library, I have no doubt to your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody (for safety) the sum of US$37 million willed and deposited in the favor of myself and my mother who is thesecond wife of the late president.
This money is currently kept in a trust deposit vault with a Finance and Security company here in (DUBAI) However, the new Government headed by my step brother Joseph has on assumption of office setup an inquiry to recover all the assets belonging to my late dad including cash and properties with the pretence of safe-keeping, but with actual intentionof personal inheritance. All this because we are from a polygamous family. The investigation team has submitted their report, presently some cash andassets have been seized.
Fortunately, I managed to escape from the country,and with the help of our lawyer, I am presently living as a refugee here until I succeed in the transaction and due to the situation of things our lawyer has strictly advised that the willed money be urgently mved into an over-seas account of a trusted Foreign family friend without delay for security reasons. I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this call (SOS) to save my entire family and me froma hopeless future.
I hereby agree to compensate your sincere effort in this regard with 20% of the fund, when finally received in your local Bank account. The attorney here has perfected arrangements with the Bankers to effect complete dislodgment of this money within a week of the receipt of your response through telephone and fax. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk free and smooth transfer. reply me via e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]
Best Wishes
Mr. Claudio Kabila ,

I look forward to your quick response. May God bless you for your kindness.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
stever
Recipes 

Mar 2008
St. Louis
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
I love it when IT guys think they need to comb your email.
It is not a matter of me feeling i need to do anything, my orders come for the boss and he wants ZERO non business related email. How would you purpose I decide what is and is not business related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Great Cock man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
yeah, i've got big balls

Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
SavageSteve

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Connecticut
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

I don't work with any complete and total morons, but my colleagues do!
Planning: n/a