Anybody got a good motivational speech? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Anybody got a good motivational speech?

Old 07-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3754 Times on 3586 Posts

I have a brown ale ready for bottling and am planning on doing it tonight. Problem is, I have no desire to do it. Bottles are clean, bottling bucket is clean, bottling wand is clean, tubing is clean. All of it just needs a quick sanitation bath.

I just hate bottling and I don't have the cash to move to kegging yet. Bottling is easy, I know. I'd just rather sit on my couch and watch the world go by tonight.

And yes, I have to do it now. I hit FG early last week and decided to let it sit some more. We go to Maine on Saturday for a week of vacation and I want that beer priming while I'm away.

Somebody give me a "win one for the Gipper" speech, please.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Get up off your a$$ and bottle or I'm coming to CT to kick your butt and steal your beer. Does that motivate you?

Otherwise, I'd just tell you to wait until you get back from vacation.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Aigh, you ****ing wee bastard, get off yer ****ing lazy ass and put the ****ing beer in the ****ing bottles, you ****! I'll kick you right in the ****ing balls!

(does anybody else laugh hysterically at the Scottish 80/- Northern Brewer ad during the Jamil Show?)

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
beergears

Recipes 

Oct 2007
somewhere west of Boston Harba'
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Think of the brown ale you made with love...

Can't you hear it speaking to you... pleading for proper care, priming sugar.. those shiny caps, the drips... the slow path to glory!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3754 Times on 3586 Posts

OK, I'm getting there. But still ...
I really could use a good butt kicking or two, according to my wife.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
k1v1116
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly! if a strange man offers you a ride I say take it!" - Abe Simpson.

Don't do it for yourself, don't do it cause McKBrew is gonna kick your ass, do it for the beer!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Please post pictures of wife kicking your butt.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Makes sure she's wearing heels...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts

Git your a$$ away from the computer and bottle you lazy excuse for a brewer!!!! What, you'd rather surf the web than bottle up some nice beer to be drinking a couple weeks after you get back from vacation! What kind of brewer do you think you are? Most brewers can't WAIT to try a new batch of beer!(Unless of course they believe in leaving the beer in primary for a month like me....but this isn't about me is it?) THIS IS ABOUT A DELICIOUS BROWN ALE WAITING TO BE POURED WITH A NICE, THICK HEAD AND BEAUTIFUL LACING ON THE GLASS.

It's over there in the fermenter calling "bottle me so I may give you pleasure after 3-4 weeks proper storage @ 70 degrees."

Come on Shecky, you KNOW you want to drink your new brown ale soon....Everybody else is bottling their brown ale....you do want to be part of the in crowd don't you?

Besides, chicks dig guys who bottle.

Hope that helps.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #10
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Think of it like this: put yourself in your own shoes, but the "you" from tomorrow. What will you have gained by sitting on the couch watching the world go by? Nothing. What will you have gained by bottling? Well, drinkable beer, of course!

Don't do it for you, or McK, or even for the beer. Do it for future you! He's gonna kick your ass if you don't bottle some beer for him.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)