Logo Glass Nights at your local pub? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Logo Glass Nights at your local pub?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
kelmore
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Champaign, IL
Posts: 16


It's a weekly tradition for me and my buddies to go to the campus bars for Logo Glass Nights... here at University of Illinois there are a few bars that do it which usually means the potential to get 2 or 3 new glasses each week. We've become addicted to expanding our collection over the past couple semesters (I think I'm in the lead with around 40).

Anyone else like to collect these? I've spent lots of time with students and beer drinkers that live all over the country, and it seems like not many people have even heard of the concept.

Even better, has anyone designed a logo glass for their homebrew???
__________________
-- BREWER IN TRAINING --

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
 
Jaybird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2006
Nor*Cal
Posts: 7,541
Liked 960 Times on 679 Posts


I have about 20 or so from around the globe
__________________
Need a False Bottom for your Keg, Kettle or Cooler?

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE


Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
z987k
 
z987k's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Anchorage
Posts: 3,518
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmore View Post
It's a weekly tradition for me and my buddies to go to the campus bars for Logo Glass Nights... here at University of Illinois there are a few bars that do it which usually means the potential to get 2 or 3 new glasses each week. We've become addicted to expanding our collection over the past couple semesters (I think I'm in the lead with around 40).

Anyone else like to collect these? I've spent lots of time with students and beer drinkers that live all over the country, and it seems like not many people have even heard of the concept.

Even better, has anyone designed a logo glass for their homebrew???
holy **** another U of I guy. Welcome to the board!

I know murphy's had those killians glasses with the horse etched in the bottom to create nucleation sites. very cool. and for $3 hell yeah.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
bigjohnmilford's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
southern mass
Posts: 2,281
Liked 71 Times on 43 Posts


We're always on the look out for the freebies. Our favorite beer bar has been having a different brewery in the last couple of Mondays.
__________________
What's your hobby Ray? Drinkin. Want a beer Buddy?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
Professor Frink
 
Professor Frink's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,085
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts


I have about 3 dozen or so from a local place that does it every Tuesday.
__________________
Primary: Cherrywood Smoked Porter
60 Minute IPA
Secondary:
On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:


http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
kelmore
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Champaign, IL
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k View Post
holy **** another U of I guy. Welcome to the board!

I know murphy's had those killians glasses with the horse etched in the bottom to create nucleation sites. very cool. and for $3 hell yeah.
Glad to be here... I've decided to pay more attention in EamusCatuli's garage so one day soon I can start my own op . I'm glad we found each other on HBT, hope to see you again soon.

I don't have that Killians glass and I'm almost positive Matt doesn't either... I hate to hear that a glass came and went without me getting my hands on one oh well. It's Wednesday = Logo Glass Night at Legend's
__________________
-- BREWER IN TRAINING --

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Big10Seaner
 
Big10Seaner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Schaumburg
Posts: 675
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Do they still have those cheap long islands at Legend's on Mondays? I think that's the last time I had one was there while I was in school, about 5 years ago.
__________________
End of the Line Brewing
Primary: Caramel Cider
Secondary: Bourbon Vanilla Porter
On tap: Some Sort of IPA, Cherry Cider
Bottled: Belgian Sour (1st place winner Binny's Chicago Comp)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
kelmore
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Champaign, IL
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big10Seaner View Post
Do they still have those cheap long islands at Legend's on Mondays? I think that's the last time I had one was there while I was in school, about 5 years ago.
I don't think Legend's has any long island specials these days. The Canopy has $2 long islands on Tuesdays... Often leads to long nights
__________________
-- BREWER IN TRAINING --

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #9
Big10Seaner
 
Big10Seaner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Schaumburg
Posts: 675
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Oh I almost forgot about the ones at the Canopy Club, now those are ridiculous!
__________________
End of the Line Brewing
Primary: Caramel Cider
Secondary: Bourbon Vanilla Porter
On tap: Some Sort of IPA, Cherry Cider
Bottled: Belgian Sour (1st place winner Binny's Chicago Comp)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
ShortSnoutBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Portland, OR
Posts: 3,213
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Don't have and Logo Glass nights around here that I know of, but I'm a huge collector of pint glasses. We have a whole cabinet full of them and yes, we use them as or normal glasswear.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last nights efforts... Runyanka Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 2 03-15-2009 04:08 PM
tried my first homebrew a few nights ago! xbabyboy4021x Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 2 12-13-2008 10:23 PM
Pics of last nights brew... HomerT Home Brewing Photo Forum 9 07-01-2008 06:31 PM
Last nights brew AnOldUR Recipes/Ingredients 6 11-26-2007 07:23 PM
Last nights brew OG off!! WormBoy All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 15 04-15-2007 07:57 PM


Forum Jump