Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > looking for a good beer

Old 07-20-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
squeekysheep
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default looking for a good beer

well i am currently out of home brew i have a few conditioning, a honey wheat for a family event on the 26th so i won't have that very long.

i figured i would drink some store bought brews to bridge the gap. in the past i would only really drink at parties and mostly only bush bud and coors.( anyone see my problem) i was at a party last week and i had a really hard time chocking down any of these sine i started drinking ales i have a really hard time drinking those beers.

since i started home brewing ( not long ago) i stared enjoying one beer a day after work and since i am out of stock on that now i would like to collect some bottles to reuse as i try out different styles or just buy the ones i know i like.

for sure i am looking for American light ale, IPA, and i would like to try some red ales

anyone have any suggestions i like in Wisconsin

Old 07-20-2008, 04:05 AM   #2
Grinder12000
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I do about the same as you but I have started to buy variety packs of Micro Brew to taste beer I would not normally drink.

ANYWAY = I love Fat Squirrel by The New Glairus (same guys that make spotted Cow).

Not big on High Hops here so can't help you.

Capitol Brewery makes a ton of good beers - if you see any of theirs go for it.

138 batches and counting

European IPA bottled, One Putt 12 IPA carbing. East Indian Porter on tap. Looking into a Saffon Beer

Old 07-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
squeekysheep
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

sweet i will stop around and try to get a pick 6 tomorrow for that. i have had one spotted cow in my life and i wasn't a huge fan. then again i think my tastes have changed

Old 07-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
Rick500
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My favorite IPA is Bell's Two-Hearted Ale. Give it a try if you can get it.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:51 AM   #5
cheeseshark
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick500 View Post
My favorite IPA is Bell's Two-Hearted Ale. Give it a try if you can get it.
+1 on that. Two Hearted really sparked my love for good beer and later homebrewing.