...and in other "Al Gore Pipe Dreams" News: - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > ...and in other "Al Gore Pipe Dreams" News:

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #21
MikeFlynn74
 
MikeFlynn74's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Posts: 3,876
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
A number of the isotopes in "waste" will be vital to future industrial efforts.
But Greenies and most people dont see that. They only see the Incredible Hulk and the TNMTs and thing NUKE BAD
__________________
Quote:
If you find yourself going through hell, keep going- Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #22
noisy123
 
noisy123's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2008
Madison, WI
Posts: 565
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
But Greenies and most people dont see that. They only see the Incredible Hulk and the TNMTs and thing NUKE BAD
I know, its very frustrating. Unfortunately ill-informed people still get to vote. In the words of Kent Brockman:
"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Democracy simply doesn't work!"

Did Gore mention nuclear? He usually pretends it doesn't exist. I don't know how the Oak Ridge people haven't sent a hit squad out for him.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
jmulligan
 
jmulligan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
Odenton, MD
Posts: 1,623
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts


I could be wrong, but as far as I recall from the talk, he did not mention nuclear at all.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
BigKahuna
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
BigKahuna's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Posts: 5,970
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
pseudo-deity? Methinks the "pseudo" part is unnecessary...



He can't be voted God...He Invented God...Didn't he?
__________________
Seriously. I'm here for BEER
It's Not The Size Of Your Rig That Counts....It's How Often You Use It.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #25
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


What's Dan Quayle been up to lately...?
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #26
Boerderij_Kabouter
 
Boerderij_Kabouter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,757
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts


I am so exhausted with all the carbon and energy garbage going on now. We want green power!.... but not from nuclear, wind, and solar might be bad too. We have to spend billions of dollars to combat global warming!...although, most scientists and smart people admit that we likely have nothing or extremely little to do with global weather changes.

It is just such crap. Has anybody told these people that they are driving our nation into the ground. 30 years ago, we thought the earth was going to freeze over because of global cooling. In another ten years there will undoubtedly be another "catastrophe" that requires billions of dollars to fix. I can't express how bad all this chaps my ass. In fact I think I am going to invest all my money in ass chapstick in anticipation of all the other people who's asses will be chapped by this idiotic and very costly environmentalist fad. I'll be the guy who struck it rich on ass chappery.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #27
98EXL
 
98EXL's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Maryland
Posts: 3,138
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij Kabouter View Post
although, most scientists and smart people admit that we likely have nothing or extremely little to do with global weather changes.

it's not global warming, it's solar system warming...duh, any person who isn't an idiot (Mr. Gore) can understand that...hello, the sun is gonna blow up in a few billion years
__________________
I'm back!!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #28
adrock
 
adrock's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
Posts: 732
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Donasay View Post
Ever so slightly out of reach, yes actually it could be done, but the government would have to spend a LOT of money on the technology and re-training all of the workers who will have to adjust to the new economy.
The government subsidizing or wholly paying for the construction and staffing of cleaner power plants would be more fiscally irresponsible (fiscally mind you, not environmentally) than continuing with the failed experiment that is Social Security. The free market will correct its environmentally un-friendly ways on its own when petroleum products become prohibitively expensive (pretty much there already). If the government intervenes while in its current debt-ridden state, the "new economy" you speak of will be very, very ugly. Who knows, maybe we'll all be fleeing to Mexico for good jobs.

I don't think we can, in good conscience, raise taxes at a time like this. Raising taxes on the middle-class puts them in a position where they're unable to raise their family. Raising taxes on business owners causes them to either (a) pass the tax cost on to the consumer in the price of their service or product, or (b) go out of business. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that either of these choices are unacceptable for all Americans. You can pay an inflated cost for the things you need, causing your individual financial collapse. Or you can lose your job because your boss went out of business, causing your individual financial collapse.

Cutting spending though, that's a different story. We certainly can do that! Revising or eliminating failed spending programs like the aforementioned Social Security wouldn't be a bad start. We could also reduce the troop count and overall military presence in Iraq. It's been said before but it bears repeating: No self-respecting business owner would operate their business in the same manner as the U.S. government........they'd have gone bankrupt long ago. The bright side is that there's a lot of room for improvement.
__________________
On Tap: American Barleywine, English Bitter, Irish Red Ale, Pumpkin Spice Ale
Brewing: English Bitter, Hopped-up Amber
Up Next: Old Ale, West Coast IPA

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #29
ArcaneXor
 
ArcaneXor's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 4,572
Liked 118 Times on 105 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij Kabouter View Post
I am so exhausted with all the carbon and energy garbage going on now. We want green power!.... but not from nuclear, wind, and solar might be bad too. We have to spend billions of dollars to combat global warming!...although, most scientists and smart people admit that we likely have nothing or extremely little to do with global weather changes.

It is just such crap. Has anybody told these people that they are driving our nation into the ground. 30 years ago, we thought the earth was going to freeze over because of global cooling. In another ten years there will undoubtedly be another "catastrophe" that requires billions of dollars to fix. I can't express how bad all this chaps my ass. In fact I think I am going to invest all my money in ass chapstick in anticipation of all the other people who's asses will be chapped by this idiotic and very costly environmentalist fad. I'll be the guy who struck it rich on ass chappery.
Dude, what you are saying about climate change couldn't be father from the truth. But that's, once again, thanks to wacky extremists who have cried wolf one too many times. No wonder the public can't tell apart propaganda from science any more.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #30
Boerderij_Kabouter
 
Boerderij_Kabouter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,757
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneXor View Post
Dude, what you are saying about climate change couldn't be father from the truth. But that's, once again, thanks to wacky extremists who have cried wolf one too many times. No wonder the public can't tell apart propaganda from science any more.
How do you explain the massive climate changes that have occurred over time then? For example, did the dinosaurs get into some crazy industrial stage that none of us know about that somehow triggered the ice ages (joke)? We went through a mini ice age in the 1500's and I am sure that all sorts of crazy climate changes will continue to occur throughout the planets future. I just think it is preposterous to say that you know why the climate is changing and that it is because I am driving an SUV (I don't BTW). For every article and scientist who says we are causing global warming, there is at least one, who says that is a garbage theory. Just because the media and the outspoken "Gorists" talk loudly doesn't mean that their side of the story is correct.

(For some reason I am irritable today)

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"American" or "Imperial" Oatmeal Stout Recipe: Critiques please! cladinshadows Recipes/Ingredients 5 11-23-2015 11:14 PM
Should a barleywine feel "hot" going down your pipe? Q2XL General Beer Discussion 13 10-15-2009 01:49 AM
Mead "News" Article... gratus fermentatio General Chit Chat 1 05-22-2009 02:36 AM
Copper pipe "safety" question okstatepike Kettles, Mash Tuns & Hot Liquor Tanks 7 02-09-2009 02:21 PM
Bloomberg News "Muse" and Brooklyn Brewery FxdGrMind General Beer Discussion 0 01-03-2009 05:30 PM


Forum Jump