levitation? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > levitation?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Thor the Mighty
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
california
Posts: 291
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts



has anyone made an extract clone of stone levitation? i searched the forum and found one thread only about how someone made one but not how it came out or what he used to make it. any help appreciated.
__________________
You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
Thor the Mighty
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
california
Posts: 291
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


up? anyone?
__________________
You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
Couevas
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Seattle, WA
Posts: 450
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


It's good to see another Stone Fan. They are probably my favorite brewery.
I have a Ruination Clone in AG that I could convert to extract for you....but I have no Levitation. Sorry
__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
Couevas
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Seattle, WA
Posts: 450
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Ok. I did a little research on Stone's website. Here is my shot at a recipe. Try it and let me know.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Levitation Clone-Extract
Brewer: Chris Couevas
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: Extract
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 6.92 gal
Estimated OG: 1.043 SG
Estimated Color: 15.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 45.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: - %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.36 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 85.90 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 8.01 %
0.25 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4.01 %
0.13 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.08 %
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.8 IBU
0.25 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 12.3 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (15 min) Hops 3.0 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (15 min) Hops 7.4 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-SteepHops -
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma HopHops -
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale


Mash Schedule: None
Total Grain Weight: 6.36 lb
----------------------------
Steep grains as desired (30-60 minutes)
__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
blacklab
Registered User
 
blacklab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Posts: 2,391
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts


I'm going to agree with Couevas recipes, as a starting point. You gotta show some restraint with the Chocolate or it will overpower the whole scene. I might go even skinnier on it.

That's levitation, homes!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
Couevas
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Seattle, WA
Posts: 450
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
That's levitation, homes!
....with MIND BULLETS!

Good Stuff

I know, it will have a heavy roasty flavor. However, I was reading reviews on it and from memory, I remember it being a little sweet and quite roasty.
__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
blacklab
Registered User
 
blacklab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Posts: 2,391
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts


Cool. So Thor - you gonna guinea pig this one or what? Or are you wearing nunderwear today?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #8
Couevas
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Seattle, WA
Posts: 450
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Anyone else as big of a Stone fan as I am? C'mon brothers...unite.

I have a case each of their Vertical Epics 060606 and 070707.

Trade anyone?

EDIT: And I will be aquiring a case of the 080808 here in a few weeks.
__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
blacklab
Registered User
 
blacklab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Posts: 2,391
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts


I dig it. My BIL just moved to San Diego and has been Stoning like a madman. I think if they had better water to work with their stuff could be best in class.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
Thor the Mighty
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
california
Posts: 291
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Couevas View Post
Anyone else as big of a Stone fan as I am? C'mon brothers...unite.

I have a case each of their Vertical Epics 060606 and 070707.

Trade anyone?

EDIT: And I will be aquiring a case of the 080808 here in a few weeks.
yeah i ordered 8 cases of it *see what i did there?* so that i can hold on to a case for myself and sell the rest. stone is by far the coolest vendor to work with!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
Cool. So Thor - you gonna guinea pig this one or what? Or are you wearing nunderwear today?
no nunderwear, i ran out of that. sippin some heathen hefe right now, with a taint bernardus cooling off. in the works is a hoegaarden clone (in primary) and that levitation clone. god i hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couevas View Post
Ok. I did a little research on Stone's website. Here is my shot at a recipe. Try it and let me know.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Levitation Clone-Extract
Brewer: Chris Couevas
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: Extract
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 6.92 gal
Estimated OG: 1.043 SG
Estimated Color: 15.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 45.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: - %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.36 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 85.90 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 8.01 %
0.25 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4.01 %
0.13 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.08 %
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.8 IBU
0.25 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 12.3 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (15 min) Hops 3.0 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (15 min) Hops 7.4 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-SteepHops -
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma HopHops -
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale


Mash Schedule: None
Total Grain Weight: 6.36 lb
----------------------------
Steep grains as desired (30-60 minutes)
damn thanks man ill get on this as soon as i have money.
__________________
You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could use some help cloning levitation hungsolo Recipes/Ingredients 4 07-24-2009 01:58 AM
Hypothetical Stone Brewery Levitation-esque (extract) BrewN00b Recipes/Ingredients 0 06-16-2009 06:44 AM


Forum Jump