The perfect pint - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The perfect pint

Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 AM   #11
Arneba28

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Amherst, Western New York
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I think my perfect pint was last May. My best friend that I am very close to went to a Bar in the city, which is very uncommon for us. We had gone to a bar every night for a total of 25 nights in a row, not the same bar every night but atleast one bar. He was getting deployed and just wanted to party. Well we stopped at Coles on Elmwood, it was a Tuesday night, like 3 am. I had a really long day at work and it was just a nice night and I needed to relax. This was my first pint of the night so I started with a Chimay Blue. The beer was kept at the perfect temp, good music, with a good conversation with a very good friend, thats what made it a perfect pint. I sipped it till it was room temp, and it just kept getting better the warmer it got.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #12
nyer
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

My perfect pint was actually a beer I don't care for much but given the location it was the best thing I could get. We were on a family cruise in the Carribean, me and my wife, my parents, an aunt and uncle, a cousin and his girlfriend and a sister and brother in law. I asked my wife to marry me the day before on the ship. We were visiting St. Martins for the day and we all just decided to head to the closest beach by the pier to spend the day. The weather was perfect, the beach was beautiful and the water was incredible. I walked over to a beach shack selling beer and ordered the only thing they had, caribe. The lady tells me I can buy a 5 gallon bucket of beer and ice and take it over to the beach for $5. We stood in the water drinking what tasted like the best beer on earth by the bucket load for the entire day. We met some cool people from Canada and took turns staggering to the beach shack for buckets of beer. The beer obviously wasn't that great, but, the location, knowing I was going to marry my wife and being with the people I was with, priceless. Everyone who was there still talks about it 6 years later like it was the best day on earth, and it was. I plan to do the same thing in the same spot someday.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

That's the reason why on a scale from 1 to 10, I always reserve the 10. To me, if someone scores something at the top end of the scale, there is a personal interpretation going on there. I have yet to have a perfect pint I think. Perfect to me is always always situational.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 95 Times on 62 Posts

I've had 100's of perfect pints out of the many 1000's I've drank.
Many of them in good company, some in hedonistic environments.
I can't pick one.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Brooklyn
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

I don't know if I have had the "perfect pint" yet, but here is one that is as close as I have so far:

Last winter, My wife and I went to Idaho and met up with most of my family. My brothers, my dad and my three new siblings, all but one of my cousins and aunts and uncles from all over (Hawai'i, New York, Massachusetts, California). We all met up for a few days of seeing each other around the holidays and to go skiing and snowboarding. Anyway, we all met up one day for lunch on the mountain right here:

We grabbed tables outside, and went in to grab some food.
I couldn't possibly tell you what I ate, but I got a pint of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Sitting outside in the warm noon sun, with all that family, looking out over the snow covered mountains and valleys, talking and having fun, sipping that wonderful pint. It was great.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #16
nyer
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkerBrew View Post
I don't know if I have had the "perfect pint" yet, but here is one that is as close as I have so far:

Last winter, My wife and I went to Idaho and met up with most of my family. My brothers, my dad and my three new siblings, all but one of my cousins and aunts and uncles from all over (Hawai'i, New York, Massachusetts, California). We all met up for a few days of seeing each other around the holidays and to go skiing and snowboarding. Anyway, we all met up one day for lunch on the mountain right here:

We grabbed tables outside, and went in to grab some food.
I couldn't possibly tell you what I ate, but I got a pint of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Sitting outside in the warm noon sun, with all that family, looking out over the snow covered mountains and valleys, talking and having fun, sipping that wonderful pint. It was great.
You ate outside there? How do you eat with mittens and a ski mask??

Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 AM   #17
zac
Thread Killer

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Marion. Va
Liked 153 Times on 150 Posts

I havn't had my best pint yet, I hope not anyways.

I can envision it though.....

At my house with my SWMBO, & my dad. Crazy huh?

My second best pint is the one I'm working on now. It's something that I brewed. I don't really know b/c this whole post belongs in the drunken forum. My second day home in a LONG time. Home looks good. I love the folks that have fires & hurricanes, but I love home too. Premium supports know why...

Cheers folks. It's bedtime.
Zac