Nothing worse than... - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Nothing worse than...

Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #31
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
Or driving a couple hours on a Saturday night to resolve a "Level A" problem (6 hour resolution), only to find out the idiot that called in the problem had changed the locks on the building & hadn't set new keys to the main office. Got him out of bed at 1 a.m. to let us into the building. He wanted to downgrade to a Level B (48 hours), but I pointed out that a Level A HAD to be resolved, it could not be downgraded. So, he drives over, lets me in and I push the reset on the building's router.

He bitched to my Senior VP, who told him the problem wasn't even a Level B and he shouldn't have called it in in the first place. And next time he made security changes without keep our group current, he would be looking for a new job.

Monday was good.
that just made me happy

Old 07-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #32
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

To me late night calls (for people who aren't on call) are always a sign that something bad has happened. A friend called the house at 11PM last night. Emergency...... NO.

Him: "Hey, I got an extra ticket to the Dark Knight starting at midnight, are you interested."

Me (to him): "No, I need some sleep"

Me: (Inside voice) Dammit, I can't believe that douche waited until 11PM to call me about a fricken movie ticket. What, did someone knock on his door at 10:59 and give him an extra ticket?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #33
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
To me late night calls (for people who aren't on call) are always a sign that something bad has happened. A friend called the house at 11PM last night. Emergency...... NO.

Him: "Hey, I got an extra ticket to the Dark Knight starting at midnight, are you interested."

Me (to him): "No, I need some sleep"

Me: (Inside voice) Dammit, I can't believe that douche waited until 11PM to call me about a fricken movie ticket. What, did someone knock on his door at 10:59 and give him an extra ticket?
You know you've crossed over into some threshold of responsible abulthood when you don't just jump out of bed, throw on whatever clothes are lying on the floor and head off to the movie...I knew I reached that stage when I found myself buying a vacuum cleaner on my birthday....Growing up sucks bongwater sometimes, eh?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #34
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
You know you've crossed over into some threshold of responsible abulthood when you don't just jump out of bed, throw on whatever clothes are lying on the floor and head off to the movie...I knew I reached that stage when I found myself buying a vacuum cleaner on my birthday....Growing up sucks bongwater sometimes, eh?
Not as bad as buying SWMBO a vacuum cleaner for her birthday!

She was NOT impressed.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #35
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yeah, I think this is a totally different discussion but I'm with you. I shouldn't get excited about things like buying a new washer, or appliance (except maybe a big screen TV), nor should I admit that I like my wife's Honda Odyssey and it's actually somewhat fun to drive. My priorities aren't what they used to be.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #36
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy View Post
Not as bad as buying SWMBO a vacuum cleaner for her birthday!

She was NOT impressed.
Yah...THAT's a big nono!!!!

On american tv in the 70's that would get you knocked in the head with a frying pan...

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #37
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England

but it makes it soooo much easier for her.
She didn't see it that way.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #38
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:
but it makes it soooo much easier for her.
She didn't see it that way.
Now if it was a roomba robo vac.....THAT's a different story.

Plus they're cool and they have a scuzzy port so you can hack them

(I haven't totally grown up yet.)

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #39
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England

Nor have I.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #40
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:

Nor have I.

Owww....I just fell off my desk chair laughing so hard!!!