MGD 64 is the greatest beer EVAH... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > MGD 64 is the greatest beer EVAH...

Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
Or Windows for that matter.
Uh. I'll keep my opinions to myself, and just let Vista's track record speak for itself.

Older versions of Windows, though, then OK you have a valid point.

Signed,
A tech who learned Mac just to get out of fixing Vista's issues.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #12
GunnerMan
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hell I have used Vista from almost day one (64 bit ultimate) and have had next to no problems. My only gripe is it is a ram monster. I use it for 3d imaging and games.
Planned: A green chile beer, I live in New Mexico gotta have the green chile beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfoot View Post
Two days into my last batch made and the scent of the farts of a thousand rhinos is permeating the basement...

Life is good...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #13
Boston Brew Guy

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Wellesley MA

Its a little surprising that Macs were listed with the finer things and Windows was with the other. I would think homebrewers would shun macs. Aren't they like the BMC's of computers? Easy to use and simplified so they can appeal to the non enthusiast, while windows is the more complicated complex system that offers more choices? But like a homebrew it doesn't always work right.
Bottled: Wicked Black Porter

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems.
- Homer Simpson

Old 07-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerMan View Post
Hell I have used Vista from almost day one (64 bit ultimate) and have had next to no problems.
I haven't had any problems with Vista...other than the rest of the world wasn't ready. I will say I was a little let down due to the fact that it took SO LONG to release, I was expecting Fantazmo! Now if we want to talk about a piece of junk....let's speak of Server 2008!

I'm ready to buy a mac just like Chriso

Old 07-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #15
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Manor, Tx
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

SWMBO has a thing about "real syrup".....I tried it.....it sucked

Ok ok ok ok we were eating frozen waffels!?! If they were homemade pancakes or waffles or something then I see the point but if its previously frozen, please please give me the cheapest "syrup" there is

Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #16
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

I like "table syrup" because my favorite breakfast.... is pancakes, hash browns, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs.... all mish-mashed into a big pile, covered the whole lot of it in syrup.

That's a waste of good maple, on that many things at once.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 07-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
jameswardpeterson
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Falls Church VA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adx View Post
Woah woah woah....there is nothing wrong with Swisher Sweets and Boxed Wine.

I'm just sayin'.
+1
I usually prefer the higher class dutch masters when I smoke my premium grade D machine rolled cigars.
lol theres definately nothing wrong with them, but they are in no way the best/top quality.
on deck: future brews suspended for the moment :(...

Old 07-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #18
k1v1116
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think windows and mac os are in the same wonder bread group, linux would be the in the homebrew group right?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #19
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Jun 2007
The "Ville"
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

THIS Thread HAS THE MOST TANGENTS EVER.

If I had to choose anything on the list or good beer, I would choose good beer. So would most of us, so the comparison isn't exactly fair. I don't feel passionate about my computer, whatever it's flavor.
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #20
Kai

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Halifax, Canada
Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

The windows jab, I'm going to assume, wasn't aimed at the blessed few with the tech-savvy to make vista sing like a nightingale. It was aimed at the masses who use it (and IE and Word) because it's what done came on their Dell. Windows is generally BMC, but in the right hands it might maybe be a perfect Czech Pils or a Munich Helles (although I've never seen it not sucking). Mac is maybe the Guinness or the Hoegaarden - mass-market but actually decently well done and with a bit of interest in it (and in the right hands it can be good as all anything). Homebrew is definitely linux.
Kegged: Christmas Ale
Bottle Conditioning:
Drinking: Saison Bâtard

The Green Wall Nanobrewery
tibi non nolis