1. Sanitize everything
2. Steep grains at 160ish for 20-30 minutes in a couple gallons of water
3. Top up to 5.5-6 gallons of water, (if you have room because some will boil off, if not you can do a partial boil), and bring to boil.
4. Remove from heat and stir in malt extract (powder), stir till fully dissolved.
5. Bring back to boil, add bittering hops, and start timer for the 60 minute boil.
6. With 20 minutes left in the 60min boil, add flavor hops and candi sugar.
7. After 60 minutes, turn off heat and cool to 70 deg.
8. Add to carboy, shake the crap out of it for a few minute to aerate (the ONLY time you want aerate), and pitch yeast.
9. If only doing single stage, wait 2-3 weeks, add priming sugar and bottle.
<------ everything you need to know.