Brew On Premises - NY - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew On Premises - NY

Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
ScottD13
Recipes 

Aug 2005
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anyone know of a brew on premises homebrew shop in NY?

Does a homebrew shop need a license to brew on premises?

I'm suprised I don't see more BOP locations. I'm looking to brew a large 20-40 gallon batch to bottle and keep for my daughter's wedding, 20 years from now so I better get the ball rolling.....but the cost to buy a brewmagic or a brewsculputre is way too much so I'm looking to bop.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

wow, 20 year brew? thats massive. you better pick the right brew.... maybe a beer that ages for eternity comes to mind. the BrewPastor has the Dark Night of the Soul, which might work.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21088

What's tappening? :D

Old 07-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
Ben25
Recipes 

May 2008
Chestnut Ridge, NY

I don't know of any in NY, but where in Jersey are you? There's one in Freehold; the Brewers Apprentice. I stopped by there the other day as I was in the area, but I was too early as they don't open til 1 most days. Check out their website: http://www.brewapp.com/
Primary #1:
Primary #2:
Secondary #1: Mead Experiment
Secondary #2: Welch's Wine Experiment
Kegged: Organic APA, Kick the Bucket APA, Pub Ale, Argentine Cascade IPA, ESB
Bottled: Wild Raspberry Cider, Cyser, Insane IPA, Lady Bug Pumpkin Ale, Cider, Christmas Cider.
RIP: Raspberry Hefeweizen, Hoppy Lager, California Common, Oktoberfest, Hefeweizen, Melted tubing brown ale, Honey blonde ale

Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #4
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Id love to open one.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Sunny Southern Vermont
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

You can come nrew at my house during the next YI.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1765 Times on 1122 Posts

Wow, that's gonna be a costly brew. You're going to want to do something imperial at least though. The problem is, the types of brews that age well don't exactly go over well at a wedding. I think maybe a mead would be the ticket. What kind of brew did you have in mind? I'd be willing to help you out.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
Sigafoos

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Buffalo, NY
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I assume by 'NY' you mean 'NYC,' right? BuffaloSabresBrewer, while it won't be a business, per se, there are plans to open one in Buffalo.

I've had the idea of a 20 year brew before... brew a day or two before my (unconceived and entirely theoretical) child's first birthday, let it age for two decades, and then crack two open on his/her 21st birthday

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
ScottD13
Recipes 

Aug 2005
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Long Island, NYC, Westchester areas.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigafoos View Post
I assume by 'NY' you mean 'NYC,' right? BuffaloSabresBrewer, while it won't be a business, per se, there are plans to open one in Buffalo.

I've had the idea of a 20 year brew before... brew a day or two before my (unconceived and entirely theoretical) child's first birthday, let it age for two decades, and then crack two open on his/her 21st birthday

Old 10-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
johnnyl
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Brooklyn, NY

There is a new brew on premises and home brew shop that just opened in Brooklyn. It's called Bitter and Esters at 700 Washington Ave.
www.bitterandesters.com

Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #10
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2009
ATL Burbs, Georgia
Liked 98 Times on 82 Posts

So, I'll be the one who asks: How do you know your daughter is getting married in 20yrs? I have two daughters. One is 19 and a sophomore in college. The other is 15 and still in high school. I can't predict next week. I just went back and re-read the original post. It was from 2008, so you only have 17yrs left!

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway