Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Michelob porter

Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
RodfatherX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Michelob porter

So I was at walgreens just picking up some stuff we forgot to get earlier today for the 4th. I decided I would go peak in the liquor store part of it. Anyways long story short I found Michelobs porter for $5.49. So I was like hell for $5.49 I'll try it. And I must say.....it is not all that bad. Good chocolate malt flavor and pretty smooth....as it says on the bottle. Not really bitter enough for my taste and a bit bland. And the color is way off it is probably only about 17L. But hey it is an A-B product, so it is really pretty decent for them. And it will probably get more michelob people to try other dark beers. Probably a good choice for a place that has a deal on domestics in bottle.

Which really annoys me that a lot of places only consider BMC domestic. If they mean BMC....why don't they just say that. But that is a drunken rant for another time.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
Tankard
Recipes 

I'm not too surprised. Michelob Amber Bock is decent as well. Thanks for the tip, I may try it if it is cheap enough.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I would try it, but it's not cheap enough to buy it. What is it? $11 for 12? I can buy a 12 pack Optimator for $15. If it was priced like BMC though, then I'd jump at it.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot View Post
I would try it, but it's not cheap enough to buy it. What is it? $11 for 12? I can buy a 12 pack Optimator for $15. If it was priced like BMC though, then I'd jump at it.
Wow Humps

How much do BMC products cost where you live. I think they are about $5 on average for BMC around here.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodfatherX View Post
Wow Humps

How much do BMC products cost where you live. I think they are about $5 on average for BMC around here.
The OP said he paid $5.49. I assume that was for a 6er. I have no idea what BMC costs in my area. I don't think I've ever bought a case, or even a 6er, of BMC in my entire life.

Wow. I can't believe I just said that. I'm going to have to think about it a little harder, but right now, honestly, I can't ever remember having bought BMC. Wow. Just Wow. Surely I must have at some point!!! I'll have to think about it some more...

Old 07-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
Kai

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

BMC and MLK (Molson-Labatt-Keiths) are $10+ for a 6-pack. Craft beer starts at near $12 for a six pack. Two-fours of the cheapest swill out there are $35. Imports other than HeinekenGuinnessStella are only available as singles for $2.50+. CAD is at parity with USD. Don't you guys complain.
Kegged: Christmas Ale
Bottle Conditioning:
Drinking: Saison Bātard

The Green Wall Nanobrewery
tibi non nolis

Old 07-05-2008, 02:50 AM   #7
Dinbin

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We got excited to see the big brewers trying to expand their offerings to appeal to a larger section of beer people, but i was very unimpressed with the porter. I found it to be.... not a porter. But like the amberbach it may interest more drinkers in the wider world of beer that is out there that they are unaware of.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BTW Dinbin

I love the quote in your sig