I hate stupid people & hippes - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I hate stupid people & hippes

Old 07-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
monty73741
Recipes 

Jan 2008
baltimore, md (dundalk)
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

"The US Bureau of Land Management, overwhelmed by applications for large-scale solar energy plants, has declared a two-year freeze on applications for new projects until it completes an extensive environmental impact study. The study will produce 'a single set of environmental criteria to weigh future solar proposals, which will ultimately speed the application process.' The freeze means that current applications will continue to be processed plants producing enough electricity for 20 million average American homes but no new applications will be accepted until the study is complete. Solar power companies are worried that this will harm the industry just as it is poised for explosive growth. Some note that gas and oil projects are booming in the southwestern states most favorable to solar development. Another threat looming over the solar industry is that federal tax credits must be renewed in Congress, else they will expire this year

So what they are saying is that we should go solar to save the planet but when we do we cant disturb animals. I;m buying an island in the pacific & moving LOL

Old 07-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Brett0424
Recipes 

Jan 2008
dallas, tx
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hate grown people who say "LOL" I think I'll get my own island.

NateLTB Likes This 
Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Tonedef131

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Fort Wayne
Liked 31 Times on 16 Posts

I think if you could afford your own island you wouldn't be sitting around posting on HBT without even using proper punctuation.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 608 Times on 403 Posts

The freeze has already been lifted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/us...=1&oref=slogin

Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 269 Times on 134 Posts

i'm grown and i'm lawling

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 07-04-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
Hippie
Recipes 

Feb 2006
SE Vermont
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

First of all, What's wrong with Hippies? Did one take your high school sweetheart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty73741 View Post

So what they are saying is that we should go solar to save the planet but when we do we cant disturb animals. I;m buying an island in the pacific & moving LOL
And where does it say that "we cant disturb animals." (sic)

NateLTB Likes This 
Old 07-04-2008, 06:39 AM   #7
Kauai_Kahuna
Recipes 

May 2008
Hawaii
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
The freeze has already been lifted.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/us...=1&oref=slogin
Yes, someone in the "Guber-ment" may actually have a clue. Everyone screams paying 4$ / gal, yet no new refineries, no drilling offshore, Can't drill in Alaska because of the Caribou, (Not even sure what type of nasty animal that is).

I will be first to say the next world saving alternative energy is still not here yet, but solar, wind, hydro and NUKES need to be put in place quickly. Of course most Europe countries are paying around 7$ / litre. Don't think too many Hummers got sold there unless it is a real status symbol.
Conditioning: Mead, Cider, braggot, Belgium Wheat.
On Tap: Clones, Chimay Blue, Red, Porter, malted cider.
Bottles: Far, far, too many to list.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #8
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Where exactly are they building these solar plants? If they're putting them in the temperate forests I could see the BLM getting sued by hippies and eco-freaks because OMG they're harming teh forestz! THEN they would have to do an EIS which can take at least 6 months. They don't do those for the lulz. The Southwest would be perfect for solar. It's desert, nothing and no one lives there, and there's lots and LOTS of sunshine.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Canberra, ACT Australia
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Yeah, well that's just .. like your opinion, man

NateLTB Likes This 
Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005