Yeer returded- should of spelled it rite - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Yeer returded- should of spelled it rite

Old 07-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #21
BrewWench

Recipes 

May 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky View Post
Muhahahaha. You should never reveal you're weakness's.
<head kaslode's>

Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #22
z987k

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Anchorage
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
I'll bet this chaps your axx then.

My oldest daughter is part Hawaiian and says axe instead of ask all the time. That bugs me to no end.
No offense to your daughter or anything, but when I hear someone say "Axe" all I can think is that they're an uneducated idiot. If I were a job interviewer, and someone said axe in an interview, I'd stop them and tell them to get the **** out of my office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky View Post
Muhahahaha. You should never reveal you're weakness's.
People also don't know how to use the apostrophe after the S. As in the plural possessive.
Or to use an instead of a.
or to and too

I mean you learn this stuff in grade school, and it should be part of your writing the rest of your life.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #23
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 8609 Times on 6925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker36 View Post
Your retarded
um, actually the title of your post should be "you're" not "your"....

just saying...

Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #24
blacklab

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts

How about the local TV station claiming that "When news breaks, we are there live".

Oh, noes! I hates it when tha news breaks! Howeva will we fix it.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #25
BrewWench

Recipes 

May 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k View Post

I mean you learn this stuff in grade school, and it should be part of your writing the rest of your life.
You don't teach college, do you? My first semester teaching, I had them write papers. Ain't NO way I'm doing that again! It's astounding how badly they write, to the point of being completely incoherent. Spelling and grammar are the least of the problems.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #26
Brew-Happy
Recipes 

May 2008
Lubbock, Texas
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewWench View Post
You don't teach college, do you? My first semester teaching, I had them write papers. Ain't NO way I'm doing that again! It's astounding how badly they write, to the point of being completely incoherent. Spelling and grammar are the least of the problems.
I have been a teaching assistant as a gradiot and I am convinced of the devolution of the English language. These are students trying to graduate with a 4 yr degree with bad grammar and spelling AND no coherence or structure to their writing. Best of luck in the world of work!

My biggest beef related to this is the abuse of the words and structure by business to make "cute" names for their product. This does not help young minds to absorb proper spelling of words! It is on product boxes, bottles, and cans!!!

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #27
nostalgia

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Port Murray, NJ
Liked 97 Times on 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by by Parker36
Your retarded
um, actually the title of your post should be "you're" not "your"....

just saying...
Hooked one! Looks like a lunker.

-Joe

Progress is always up on my Facebook page

Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #28
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Grammar is not taught the way it used to be. And many of us have fallen victim to the internet age which seems to discourage any form of proper speech or spelling. Unforunately it sucks that their are young adults out there who might be somewhat intelligent, but are going to miss out on something better in life because they come across as being stupid. My two adopted kids suffered through 6 and 10 years of the Hawaiian school system. There is no way I'm going to be able to totally make up for the education they lost by being pushed to the next grade year after year when they were in no way ready.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #29
z987k

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Anchorage
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewWench View Post
No, but I'm a senior.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #30
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I work with acronyms all day and play with idiots at night, oh,sorry, that's youse guyses...

Actually proper spelling is one of my peeves.

I really try to not make spelling mistakes, but sometimes my fingers become dyslexic...especially when they've been drinnking...

Marketeers and the media, including MTV and oft used ebonics quotes, are large contributors of our national dumbing down problem. Governments can control the populous easier if they are not educated.

"Your" is a possessive pronoun...it belongs to you.

"You're" is a contraction of "you are".

Where's the difficulty?

Didn't anyone learn something before graduating high school?