Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Carbing at room temp.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Carbing at room temp.

This may seem pretty obvious, but I had to ask anyway. I ferment my ales in my chest freezer in the low sixties to keep down on all of the undesirable flavors that come with too high of a fermentation temp (room temperature in my house right now is around 76 degrees).

Once I bottle, am I still at risk of getting some wacky flavors if I carbonate in a closet inside (no more room in the freezer)? I know that there's really not that much going on anymore. Thanks.

P.S. What does EAC stand for? I tried to search, but it won't accept three characters.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

3 weeks @ 70+ degrees is the rule of thumb. As far as I know 76 will work just fine.
Bottled: Lots of stuff
On tap: Hefeweizen, Centennial Blonde
Up next: Quality Beverages

Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Shorts Would Make Boners Obvious
Old 06-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Liked 2910 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 3534

The off flavor problem is only a concern during the intiall stages of primary fermentation...not during bottle conditioning.

As to E A C go back and search with a space between each letter....I found plenty of info on it... don't do it as EAC, it won't work.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew