Finally vacation...and a crappy apartment... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Finally vacation...and a crappy apartment...

Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I run my own buissness and usually don't get to take much time off. However, through an extraordinary chain of unfortionate events for my current client they're way behind with their parts of the project and I'm way ahead with my part so this year I'll *finally* get my long awaited for *ten week* vacation

On the downside, I just bought this epicly crappy apartment so I'll be spending most of the time fixing it. The first thing I thougt of when I first visited my soon to be new home is the toilet from the "toilet scene" from the insanely great flic "Trainspotting".

However, after I'm done restoring it to "bachelor standard extraoridnarie" it'll hopefully feel as great getting home to my place as for Mr McGregor in mentioned clip using said toilet::

/H

Old 06-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Arneba28

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Amherst, Western New York
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

10 Week!!! what in the hell man. I have not been on a real vacation in maybe 3-4 years. I will take 2-3 days off and get some stuff done that I had been putting off, and on occation drive to cleveland or something and do something and spend the night but thats about the extent of my vacations. Your a lucky man

Old 06-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arneba28 View Post
10 Week!!! what in the hell man. I have not been on a real vacation in maybe 3-4 years. I will take 2-3 days off and get some stuff done that I had been putting off, and on occation drive to cleveland or something and do something and spend the night but thats about the extent of my vacations. Your a lucky man
I have to say I'm probably one of few lucky ones that actually enjoy doing what I do for a living. One of my main goals when starting my own buissness was to be able to take some extra time off. Lately, eventhough I enyouy what I do, pulling 70+ hr weeks I've felt I've been "running on my rims". Having time off and work with some practical stuff/handywork for a chage (like building a dedicated, insanely potent home cinema system myself) will be a wellcome change in my life right now. For me, that's what it's all about. Set your life ut so that you can do what you like the most...and then do it...

H

Old 06-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
niquejim
Burrowing Owl Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Cape Coral Florida
Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arneba28 View Post

drive to cleveland

Sorry, Steeler fan

Old 06-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

...but what about the clip?!?

Do you US people get the humor or do I have to PM orphy?

/
H

Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
menschmaschine

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Delaware
Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts

Yeah, workers in the US probably have some of the worst vacation policies in the 1st world. What does the UK, Germany, France, Australia have (as fairly standard)?... 4, 5 weeks? We're lucky to get 2. We need to do something about this!