Who else is sick of hearing the laughter of children? - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Who else is sick of hearing the laughter of children?

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #41
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
People's Republic of Cambridge
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

You are not the only one; I cannot stand the children, any of them.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Old 06-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #42
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Memphis, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

On another note. Just this last fathers day I took my dad and mom out to eat at a steak house. This little kid (whose mom was a total milf) was sitting across from us in the waiting for your seat area. The little kid kept pulling on his dads pants leg. Not saying anything and just pointing at the stuff on walls wanting to get his dad to look at what he was looking at. Both of them just sat there texting away like the poor kid didn't exist. This kid was probably 2 or 3.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #43
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Jun 2007
The "Ville"
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Anyone who has posted that they don't like kids and couldn't imagine having any.....Thanks!

We really appreciate people like you removing yourselves from the gene pool voluntarilly!!

Have a nice day!
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 06-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #44
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 797 Times on 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
...No matter what age you are, you'll think the generation...one decade younger is full of sh!t, out of control, a pain in the ass, ...The rule works in reverse for people decades older than you. Those 10 years older are know it all, crotchety, burned out old fogeys.

So, you're 22 and I'm 32. I probably feel the same way about you as you feel about the average 12 year old and conversely think of me in the same way I think of 40 somethings.
Exactly!

And that is why this is a non value-added thread.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #45
JVD_X

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Gainesville, Virginia
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

For the record - my wife and I like children; however we have chosen to be a child-less couple for lifestyle reasons. From an intellectual and demographic view point childless couples are gaining momentum fast (at least in the US) - although it is still not as high as the 1930's when couples chose not to have children because they cost too much.

The reality is that most couples are delaying marriage until their 30's and 40's so just when they are planning on retiring, they have college expenses to worry about. In 18 years it's going to cost several hundred thousand dollars to send kids to an average college - basically wiping out any savings you might have and putting your kid in deep deep debt with probably very little chance of ever getting a job. It is well known that childless couples are much more affluent in the same way that gays are... we have lots of disposable cash. Cash that politicians need.

So... from a political standpoint... as the ranks of childless couples grows along with savings and cold hard cash... you can forget about schools, money for sport programs, etc... because we don't need those services and don't want to pay for them.

On a personal note... both my neighbors have put up basketball nets for their kids and now that school is out they are out playing from 7 am to 11 PM all week long. The catch is that there are completely open basketball courts across our quiet suburban street. All day I have to listen to "boing! boing! boing! boing! SLAM!"

Like I said earlier - we do like children but every time I vote it will be against having to pay for the burden of YOUR children.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #46
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1765 Times on 1122 Posts

I want to recommend Idocracy (the movie) . It's pure genius. If you don't get it, it really does need a repeat viewing. The net effect of the trend of affluent intelligent people having less and less kids is well illustrated.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #47
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

All good. I'm third of six in my family.

Sister 1 - 2 kids (one adopted)
Sister 2 - 2 kids
Me - 0
Sister 3 - 1 kid
Sister 4 - 1 kid
Brother - 0

Told my mother I wasn't ever having kids when I was 8. Child-free is good.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #48
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 797 Times on 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarlecky View Post
...we have chosen to be a child-less couple for lifestyle reasons.

... we have lots of disposable cash. Cash that politicians need.

So... you can forget about schools, money for sport programs, etc... because we don't need those services and don't want to pay for them.

..every time I vote it will be against having to pay for the burden of YOUR children.
And we wonder why the rest of the world looks at America and mocks our "me first" attitude.

So you don't want to pay for public education for kids?
You think not educating kids is going to make you better off? Who the heck is going to change your colostomy bag when you're 85 years old if we don't educate todays youth?

No money for sports programs for kids?
But you'll give cash to politicians?

I fully expect that when I'm 75 years old, my Thanksgivings will entail all four of my kids and about 7 or 8 grand kids (hopefully more) running around the house. Tearing sh!t up, making a racket and yes...maybe even laughing out loud. That's what I consider a successful life.

But that's just me. I'm a family guy.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #49
JVD_X

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Gainesville, Virginia
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hello Mexico!

BierMuncher, seriously and with all-due-respect, there are other opinions out there. I don't have anything against children, or school programs, or education for children. What I DO dislike is this socialized opinion that the burden of children should be equally shared and I find the idea of "the villages' children" to be sickening. You want to educate your children? Send them to private school. We need to do away with public schools altogether.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #50
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Sierra Vista, AZ
Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts

Im the oldest of 7, I have 3 of my own, and I cant wait for grandkids.

Life is good when surrounded by family

Closed Thread