Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I'm drinkin' a shandy... what of it?

Old 06-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
bethlehembrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
Have you tried Leinenkugels Summer Shandy? I don't mind a couple every now and then. Quite refreshing on a really hot day. It is made as wheat with lemonade added.
I love that stuff when Im on vacation. SWMBO is heading to visit family in Green Bay on sunday and then Im meeting her at the summer house in Canada. I think I might have her bring a case or two back.

Primary: London Mild
Bottled: Holding it over with Fat Tire and Alaskan Amber
Up next: ???

Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #12
jacksonbrown
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulive View Post
Sorry for jacking - but does the Summer Shandy taste artificial like the Sunset Wheat? I will try the Shandy if it doesn't taste fake...
I'll second that the Shandy does not taste artificial like their Sunset Wheat. The Sunset, in mho, is terrible. SWAMBO likes it, as well as the Shandy. I can drink a Shandy or two on a hot day, but it's not my thang. But the Sunset, I dunno what it is, but it just tastes wrong. As far as Leinies in general, I've got no complaints. I learned to love a lager through them, but I'm over their beer for the most part. Their Red is pretty drinkable. Capitol Brewery is where it's at for Wisco.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
mawa
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The micheladas are actually beer, lime, salt and sauces (maggi, worche@#$@#, tabasco) and the cheladas are the same but without the sauces.

I'm from Mexico, so I know what I'm talking about