More proof that some people should not reproduce. - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > More proof that some people should not reproduce.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1690 Times on 1087 Posts

I guess I understand why government takes a laissez-faire policy on reproductive rights because any intervention at all could be construed as social Darwinism. Taken to the extreme you have the richest and smartest of society controlling who gets to reproduce. Then again, there are some serious religious implications as well. Many sects shudder at the idea of letting the consenting couple decide not to have children. Can you imagine making the decision for someone else?

Personally, I don't know where I draw the line because as a middle class citizen who's always taken care of my own family, it's easy for me to say that:
1. Anyone that wants to reproduce should have a stable income and a history of the same.
2. Pass a basic skills knowledge test.
3. Take and pass a parenting class.
4. Pass a mental health exam.

I know, it's so 1941. How do you possibly enforce this? Should you?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
BrewWench

Recipes 

May 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree that this sounds like some severe mental illnesses going on.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #13
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4846 Times on 3265 Posts

I was going to post something, but I just can't.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
RICLARK

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Grand Ledge, Mich
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Not sure which is worse, This or the story from yesterday of the guy in Cali stomping and beating a toddler to death. This is a cruel world for children.

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com

Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
jds

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Littleton, CO
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

It's news stories like this that make me want to go home and hug my daughter real tight.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #16
bethlehembrewer

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Veneta, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
It's not so much the fact that the children starved to death that makes it so appaling, it's the apparent (for lack of better words) malaise, or disconcern that the parents exhibit that is so abhorable.

They couldn't be bothered to check in on their offspring. The apparent fact that the children did not come out of their room didn't set off some, miniscule curiosity as to the state or condition of the children?

This sort of behaviour makes me support the idea, in cases such as this, for extreme capital punishment. I am talking in the mideval sense here. An eye for a ****ing eye here.

Do not pass go. Guilty parties shall be terminated in like fashion. Accomplices shall be castrated, spade, or neutered in the manner of deplorable animal behaviour they exhibit. Hell, don't even sterilize the knife.
Wait the mother said she thinks they starved to death. Let's not jump to conclusions! Yeah RIGGGHT. I can remember when I was a kid.... I ATE EVERYTHING AND WAS ALWAYS HUNGRY, and came out of my f-ing room all the time because curiosity provoked me to. . Wack job. Another one of those poster children I see every day for sterilization. This woman should be brought to a small island with very little food and left there, be told they will come back to check and then no one should ever come back!

Primary: London Mild
Bottled: Holding it over with Fat Tire and Alaskan Amber
Up next: ???

Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #17
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Sandy Hook, MS
Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts

Sick... I usually tune into this page for a good chuckle. Nothing funny happening in this thread. All I can say is these 2 deserve to hang or be shot. The end.

Phillip

Old 06-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
quickerNu

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Harker Heights, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Damn I should never have read that. I have twins. Just can't imagine.
The parents had to have mental problems.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #19
tdavisii

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I guess I understand why government takes a laissez-faire policy on reproductive rights because any intervention at all could be construed as social Darwinism. Taken to the extreme you have the richest and smartest of society controlling who gets to reproduce. Then again, there are some serious religious implications as well. Many sects shudder at the idea of letting the consenting couple decide not to have children. Can you imagine making the decision for someone else?

Personally, I don't know where I draw the line because as a middle class citizen who's always taken care of my own family, it's easy for me to say that:
1. Anyone that wants to reproduce should have a stable income and a history of the same.

couldnt have put it better myself

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #20
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Canberra, ACT Australia
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post

Ahh.... if it were only possible to sterilise people at birth, then reverse the process after you passed the tests and deemed yourself worth of bearing children.