More proof that some people should not reproduce. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > More proof that some people should not reproduce.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7411 Times on 6079 Posts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080617...kREDjwgNNvaA8F

Incomprehensible!!!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Wait, what, no way. I'll go so far as to say their parents shouldn't have reproduced. On top of this, how is it that two completely negligent, irresponsible people like that met in the first place? Welfare line? Do they have Welfare in England? I mean seriously, how did they even make it out of the house?

Indeed, Incomprehensible with a capital "I".

That's just the most horrible thing I have seen in a very long time. Please folks, if you are prone to anger...DO NOT READ THAT ARTICLE.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
tdavisii

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I agree. unbelievable. Tell me this!!!! Why does every profession in the whole world need a government mandated certification process. for instance Dog groomer, manicurist, Hair dresser, and even personal trainer. All of them have a certificate saying they are worthy to do all these stupid things. On the other hand any worthless sack of S*&t can have children and ruin their childrens lives. Makes me sad to see some of these people with children.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Beerthoven
Recipes 

May 2007
Cary, NC
Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebisch01 View Post
That's just the most horrible thing I have seen in a very long time. Please folks, if you are prone to anger...DO NOT READ THAT ARTICLE.
Too late...

The world is a sh!tty place.

Primary/Secondary: #133 Scottish 80/-
Kegged: #132 American Wheat
Planned: IPA, Brown, Pale Ale

Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

holy crap, thats just crazy. i agree with you guys.

What's tappening? :D

Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
Professor Frink

Recipes 

Sep 2006
San Diego, CA
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

I used to live really close to there. It doesn't matter where you go, there are just some horrible people everywhere.
On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7411 Times on 6079 Posts

It's not so much the fact that the children starved to death that makes it so appaling, it's the apparent (for lack of better words) malaise, or disconcern that the parents exhibit that is so abhorable.

They couldn't be bothered to check in on their offspring. The apparent fact that the children did not come out of their room didn't set off some, miniscule curiosity as to the state or condition of the children?

This sort of behaviour makes me support the idea, in cases such as this, for extreme capital punishment. I am talking in the mideval sense here. An eye for a ****ing eye here.

Do not pass go. Guilty parties shall be terminated in like fashion. Accomplices shall be castrated, spade, or neutered in the manner of deplorable animal behaviour they exhibit. Hell, don't even sterilize the knife.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Honolulu, HI
Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Completely psychotic.

How many years of professional counseling will the other children need now, too?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
FlyingHorse
Formerly Bike N Brew

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Evanston IL
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
They couldn't be bothered to check in on their offspring. The apparent fact that the children did not come out of their room didn't set off some, miniscule curiosity as to the state or condition of the children?
18 months old. Weighed 10 lbs. This is way, way beyond "didn't check on their offspring". That was a long, slow, painful torture for those kids, that even these nitwits couldn't have "missed".

Which is why I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you said:
Quote:
This sort of behaviour makes me support the idea, in cases such as this, for extreme capital punishment. I am talking in the mideval sense here. An eye for a ****ing eye here.

Do not pass go. Guilty parties shall be terminated in like fashion. Accomplices shall be castrated, spade, or neutered in the manner of deplorable animal behaviour they exhibit. Hell, don't even sterilize the knife.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
Beerthoven
Recipes 

May 2007
Cary, NC
Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts

I think its likely that mental illness or some other impairment was a contributing factor here, especially for the mother. This sounds like a case of extreme neglect, rather than malicious cruelty. Abusers often pay a lot of attention to their kids, actually. This is something else all together.

Primary/Secondary: #133 Scottish 80/-
Kegged: #132 American Wheat
Planned: IPA, Brown, Pale Ale