You ever sit back and marvel at the fact that all of us can make beer? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > You ever sit back and marvel at the fact that all of us can make beer?

Old 06-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
Tenchiro

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Providence, RI
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Sh*t, I thought I was the only one that had intentions of raiding Walmart when the zombies came...

Old 06-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 610 Times on 405 Posts

I can get to a Walmart on my bicycle in about 4 minutes. Fraggin' zombies don't stand a chance.

I wonder if I could grow barley in my back yard?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3202 Times on 1889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
I can get to a Walmart on my bicycle in about 4 minutes. Fraggin' zombies don't stand a chance.

I wonder if I could grow barley in my back yard?
Trouble is, you don't want to make your signs of civilization appear too obvious...don't want to draw too much attention to yourself...You'll either get zombies OR worse, other survivors bent on stealing your horde and your harem....

That's why I'm going for rooftop urban planting...

Start by raiding walmart and other stores for unmalted barley...Rice, oats and corn- even canned corn (yes you'll be using a lot of adjuncts initially.) You can use that stuff to make the grain you raid from the lhbs go further....

Not to mention apple juice since Apfelwien is quick, and will help win over the masses (especially the nubile wenches).

Make sure to print off some of the info on home malting your own grain now before you lose power...Learning how it was done by the eqyptians and sumerians is a must as well...since we'll be back to that lifestyle once the food in the fridges rot.

Build up your kingdom till you have enough followers, then you can have your serfs plant barley and guard it for you...

Also remember for wood...ALways go for Telephone Poles before trees!!!!!

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #15
VatorMan

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Maryland

How do you know zombies don't ferment?

Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #16
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
How do you know zombies don't ferment?

EWWWWWW!!!!!

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #17
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Zombfelwein anyone?

A little Decomposure Stout?

Old 06-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #18
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Canberra, ACT Australia
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

WOW! Even Post Apocalypse, you guys can't stop frequenting Wal Mart?

I am loyal to Mom and Pop, and will raid their stores first!

Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYetiBrew View Post
Zombfelwein anyone?

A little Decomposure Stout?
Methinks we might have been an inspiration for this label...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...98&postcount=1

Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #20
Brew Runner
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Antelope Valley, SoCal
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOz77 View Post
WOW! Even Post Apocalypse, you guys can't stop frequenting Wal Mart?

I am loyal to Mom and Pop, and will raid their stores first!
Raid.....or patronize? I would expect the moms and pops to be packing heat a whole lot more than any Wal Wart employee(at least around here....).

I think Wall Marts and other mega-stores will probably be easier to loot just from sheer size. Can't stop everybody.