Earwigs! - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Earwigs!

Old 06-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 147 Times on 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipans View Post
This site says to pump gas into your furniture.

then use the dynamite...

Old 06-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #12
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Madison WI
Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

Got bugs?

These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks

These bugs are just like us. Just as smart as we are. They want to study us. They want to know what makes us tick. They want to know our likes and dislikes. In short: they want to know about us... so they can KILL US!

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

Dreft laundry detergent kills them. At my old house, we would sprinkle it around the outside perimeter of the house in the spring and fall. You just sprinkle it, then spray it with a garden nozzle, just enough to start it foaming, but not rinse it away.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #14
mr x
Recipes 

May 2007
Mainly Halifax
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You have to get them outside. They won't live long or breed inside for a number of reasons, they are just prowling around when you find them. Plain soapy water from a super soaker will kill them. There are also bait type pellets that will kill them. Although I hesitate to use chemicals, I wiped out thousands of them with diazanon one time when they ate my sunflower seedlings. They really don't like that stuff. It looked like a volcanic eruption of bugs from under my doorstep when I hit them with it. A fond memory.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

I've never heard of anyone actually getting pinched by one of these. They are ugly critters and can be a pain. I like to find large groups of them under damp and rotting stuff around the house.

No, they don't crawl in your ears and eat your brain. (But they did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!)