Awesome Craigslist Rant from an ACO - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Awesome Craigslist Rant from an ACO

Old 06-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
Danny013
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Gainesville, FL
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Good rant. I agree, and the presentation doesn't bother me. The guy is frustrated and angry that people can be so stupid sometimes, I suppose. Like other's have said, sometimes you just gotta let it go. At least it was on the internet and not at some shelter/persons house/etc.

SWMBO and I watch all the animal cops shows every night as well, lol. We adopt all our animals from the shelters as well. My dog, a 80 lb. American Bulldog is excellently behaved and friendly, and I've had to work hard to get him to listen and mind. I am guilty of letting him off the leash sometimes, though. However, he does mind and does not chase after critters/people/cars/etc. I also let him sit on the porch with me when I hang outside and grill; he sits there and knows to stay, all the neighbors comment on how good a dog he is as well (when their dogs run up to jump and play with mine, while he sits there waiting to hear 'ok'.) haha.

Oh well.

Planning on rescuing another dog soon!

/end rant.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

Great rant! It really pisses me off when someone is walking 4 off-leash dogs on MY property and the dogs start threatening my on-leash dogs. Last time, I told her to keep them off my property or I would invoke the clause that allows people to shoot off-leash dogs on their own property. This is intended to allow farmers to kill dogs that chase livestock, but applies to all dogs.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
Aleforge

Recipes 

May 2007
Wentzville, Missouri
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That was a great rant! I have to 100% agree and wish pet owners would be more responsible. I always take great care when I have my dog outside of our yard. I can't tell you how many times people with little dogs (usually older people) will run right up on my dog and I. These are leashed dogs, but they are still too stupid to understand not all dogs play nice.

PRIMARY - Orange Blossom Mead

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Old 06-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #24
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts

some of those laws are stupid. I can shoot a dog if it's so much as 'worrying' my livestock, but not if it's threatening my children. All those problems have ended for me now, thank god, but I'd resolved that the next time a dog comes into my yard and scares my wife or children, I'd grab a chicken from the coop and let it go near the dog. Can you picture it? Bite... BOOOOOOM!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #25
mr_goodwrench

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Auburn, GA
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I agree completely with the rant. There are many, many people who shouldn't ever be allowed to own dogs. There are also an awful lot of people who just don't think.

We currently have three dogs: two Scotties and a beagle/springer mix. All three are dogs we adopted. The mix was adopted as a puppy from a shelter and the Scotties came to us through Scottie Rescue. SWMBO and I used to foster for Rescue before we had our daughter. Our oldest Scot was an x-mas gift that wasn't well thought out and our youngest came from a puppy mill when she was a puppy. She is plagued with food allergies that left her with nearly no hair. After over a year of trial and error, she is now a vegetarian(much to my consternation) and is getting more fur by the day. She makes a great teaching tool for not buying pet store puppies!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #26
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8032 Times on 5611 Posts

I agree with the leash part especially! I have had my dog for 3 months now (a full grown yellow lab). He's a great dog! But if I'm walking him, and another dog approaches and acts aggressive (off leash), he goes nuts. I've literally yelled at people, "Go and take your dog! Get a leash!" while they apologize and say that Fido is NEVER like that. I think my big dog is seen by those other dogs as a threat, and since they aren't on a leash, they come running. I've about had it with the lame explanations. Hello- there is a law. And it pertains to YOU. I don't care if Fido is the nicest dog in the entire world- put him on the f***ing leash. My dog is on the leash to protect him, not because I'm mean. And, again, it's the LAW.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #27
bethlehembrewer

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Veneta, OR

+1 for leashes. SWMBO was running yesterday with our english setter when out of no where this dude's pitbull runs out at them and almost attacks our dog, like going at her neck attack. So I geuss SWMBO starts to yell at the dog and finally sees the owner just standing there watching it all happen, not doing a damn thing. She almost had to pull her mace which I can only imagine would have landed her in trouble and not the brainless dipsh!t who shouldn't be allowed to own an animal. I was livid needless to say.

Primary: London Mild
Bottled: Holding it over with Fat Tire and Alaskan Amber
Up next: ???

Old 06-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #28
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
SWMBO was running yesterday with our english setter when out of no where this dude's pitbull runs out at them and almost attacks our dog, like going at her neck attack. So I geuss SWMBO starts to yell at the dog and finally sees the owner just standing there watching it all happen, not doing a damn thing. She almost had to pull her mace which I can only imagine would have landed her in trouble and not the brainless dipsh!t who shouldn't be allowed to own an animal. I was livid needless to say
2 problems with this story- How do you know it was a Pit? 90% People have no idea what a Pit looks like. Ive seen Akidas called Pits.
Had the dog wanted to attack he wouldnt have stopped.

Not saying you are a liar- More likely it was a mut and not a true APBT.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 06-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #29
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Would the point of the story be any different if it WERE a mutt? The point is about the dog being unleashed, the breed in this instance is irrelevant.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 06-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #30
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
the breed in this instance is irrelevant
Correct- So why label the dog? Makes the story that much better doesnt it. Sounds more dangerous when in reality it was probably a lab mutt who just wanted to play.

But yes the guys a Dbag for not having them on a leash. Im glad I have a large fencend in area for our to run
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...