Awesome Craigslist Rant from an ACO - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Awesome Craigslist Rant from an ACO

Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #11
blacklab

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornkob View Post
In fairness, from your description it sounds like a dog wearing a leash got away from the owner-- which happens to the best of us and it's only luck that keeps the dog from taking off when you drop the leach by accident.
Didn't think it was necessary to add: I stopped the car and helped her corral the dog. I asked her why he wasn't on the leash so close to a major road. Her reply was that she always walks him off the leash because he's normally such a good boy. Someday I'm sure he'll be a flat boy if she keeps it up.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornkob View Post
In fairness, from your description it sounds like a dog wearing a leash got away from the owner-- which happens to the best of us and it's only luck that keeps the dog from taking off when you drop the leach by accident.
i read that as the lady was running after the dog with the leash in her hand flapping in the wind.

oh well, you say po-tate-o I say po-tot-o

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 06-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Madison WI
Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraeHaus View Post
i read that as the lady was running after the dog with the leash in her hand flapping in the wind.

oh well, you say po-tate-o I say po-tot-o

AH-- that makes the story very different.

Yeah-- when walking a dog, one of the 2 needs to be wearing the leash and the other needs to be holding onto it.

Course those new long retractable leashes are annoying sometimes. In fact a local pet place that lets you bring your pet in with you recently had to ban the retracto leashes because some people don't know how to control their dogs with them.

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #14
NWernBrewer
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Burien, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraeHaus View Post
Spot on, but agreed to him having less of an anger issue, I understand the dude is frustrated, but he could take his energy and rather than resort to anger, spread the word to neighborhoods, etc.
Some people just aren't good at refocusing that kind of energy. He would see one bad situation and fly off the freaking handle. Instead of us reading it - imagine the intensity of a guy showing up at your front door and screaming it in your face.

It's good to vent - we don't really have an airlock so sometimes we just got to burp the bucket.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #15
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Ohio
Liked 62 Times on 54 Posts

Ya know, I never really thought much about this but I watched animal cops Houston (I think it was Houston) on Animal Planet last nigght and after seeing some of the people that were on there and the conditions that they hadd some off these animals in, I agree with all points above.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #16
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

wow that was spot on. lol
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 06-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #17
DrinksWellWithOthers

Recipes 

May 2008
MA
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

I used to have these [ignorant, white trash] neighbors who thought that their dog, a german shepherd, was behaved well enough to never need a leash. They thought the same thing about their 3 and 4 year old kids who played in the street while the mother drank mixed drinks and talked on the phone and never payed attention, but thats another story in itself. One day my brother was driving down the street and the dog ran out between cars right in front of his. The dog survived but with a couple of broken legs but these neighbors went f'ing nuts on us. They almost assaulted my brother (he was 17 or 18 at the time) until we ran down the street to break it up. They were going to sue us for this and that and bring us to court and press charges blah blah blah.

The leash law is in effect in my town for a reason so stuff like this doesn't happen. Another example of stupid people owning pets...

Old 06-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #18
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
Didn't think it was necessary to add: I stopped the car and helped her corral the dog. I asked her why he wasn't on the leash so close to a major road. Her reply was that she always walks him off the leash because he's normally such a good boy. Someday I'm sure he'll be a flat boy if she keeps it up.
Man, your avatar is killing me. I just keep expecting you to say "BRO!"

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 06-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #19
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
I used to have these [ignorant, white trash] neighbors who thought that their dog, a german shepherd, was behaved well enough to never need a leash. They thought the same thing about their 3 and 4 year old kids who played in the street while the mother drank mixed drinks and talked on the phone and never payed attention, but thats another story in itself. One day my brother was driving down the street and the dog ran out between cars right in front of his. The dog survived but with a couple of broken legs but these neighbors went f'ing nuts on us. They almost assaulted my brother (he was 17 or 18 at the time) until we ran down the street to break it up. They were going to sue us for this and that and bring us to court and press charges blah blah blah.

The leash law is in effect in my town for a reason so stuff like this doesn't happen. Another example of stupid people owning pets...
i love when people say, "don't worry, he's a good dog." as the pooch is foaming at the mouth and looks as if it's ready to take your arm off...

we have our fair share of dislikes about our neighbors, well they have 2 dogs, one is a springer spaniel and has a very well temperament, then they have a mutt who is fierce and looks as if he's tried to break through the screen.

The neighbor has come right out and has said to us, "oh this one will bite, so if you see him outside, you best stay in."

I'm sorry, since when did I become a prisoner to my own home? put your mutt on a lease or i'll snap it's neck if it bites me.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 06-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #20
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

We have a Pitt and one funy fact is most people who have pitts dont actually have pits.

A couple of friend who have visited made the comment "wow hes not at all like we pictured. I thought he be some crazy viscious dog"
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...