Suspended teacher - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Suspended teacher

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:41 AM   #1
DanishBrewer
Recipes 

Feb 2006

This story made the front page of Norways leading newspaper, it's about the suspended teacher Jay Bennish. Here's a link to his speach: http://www.startcolorado.com/iac/KOA-AM/Geo-Teacher.MP3

I would say that I agree with alot of what he says, I'm not talking bad about americans in general. Personally I think america is great, and americans are warm and caring people. I've been to your country a few times, and it's been the best vacations I've ever had. What I don't understand though is how one person, George Bush, can use his powers to destroy Americas reputation the way he has been doing. The same newspaper as mentioned before had a poll on wether people would like to spend their vacation in USA or not, and which country they would like to spend their vacation in. Only 30% said they would like to go to USA, and USA had plummeted from being the number one "wanted destination" with 50% to about 20% today. I don't mean to offend or hurt anyones feelings, this is just my opinion. What do you guys think?

Old 03-08-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 169 Times on 88 Posts

OK. I've already gotten in trouble with this type of thread. NO political discussions are allowed. Lets talk about what we have in common- Beer!

Old 03-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #3
Lou
Recipes 

Jan 2006
Chicago, IL
Liked 16 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBrewer
OK. I've already gotten in trouble with this type of thread. NO political discussions are allowed. Lets talk about what we have in common- Beer!
i second that.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:51 AM   #4
DanishBrewer
Recipes 

Feb 2006

I apologize, I wasn't aware of that rule . Just wanted to know how you guys felt, but I can see how this could get messy.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #5
Kaiser

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Pepperell, MA
Liked 129 Times on 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBrewer
Thanks for the reminder, I was about to write something. But I like the no politics approach for this board better.

Now if we want to discuss a hot topic, we can always discuss about using bleach as a sanitizer.

Kai

Old 03-08-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 169 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kai
Thanks for the reminder, I was about to write something. But I like the no politics approach for this board better.

Kai
I was as well but this forum is too good for politics.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:30 AM   #7
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts

Yep...I'll lock it.....even though I'd LOVE to contribute my .02...........

Good job on holding off guys.....
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Closed Thread