Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > India Chai Spice Wine
Old 06-11-2008, 04:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default India Chai Spice Wine

Getting started with fermenting, I decided to try with what I had available in the pantry. So I steeped 4 bags of chai spiced tea in ~1L of hot water then threw it into a 2L boiling flask. Then added a handful of raisins and 2 cups of sugar. Then topped off with boiled water and cooled. Pitched some bakers yeast(all I had at the time) then fermented for a week.

Racked for another 2 weeks then bottled for 1 month.

I opened it tonight after chilling and I must say it is not that bad. It has a sweetness on the front end and a dry bite aftertaste from the cinnamon. I want to do this again but with grape concentrate.

It does have a yeasty flavor but I expected that. I will have a packet of dry yeast from my first batch of beer and hope to use that instead.

FYI, I was curious if the caffeine would carry through the whole process. Well, I am typing this close to 1am which confirms for me that caffeine is there

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2003!!! Whoop!

Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley