POS car - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > POS car

Old 06-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
I still regret getting rid of my '89 Civic, but California couldn't find my title (this was a one-owner car purchased new in CA) & Oregon wouldn't let me register without one.

On the other hand, it needed CV joints and a wind shield, so maybe that was a blessing to have to give it away.
replaced both on my integra, the CV joints are very common thing to loose and can be replaced if you haev the right know-how and tools... the windshield on the other hand... well, that was worth the almost $500 to get it replaced.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #12
Donasay
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Boston
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodfatherX View Post
So I've been fixing up my car for the last 2 weeks...getting it ready to sell. I called the newspaper today to put the ad in the paper of tomorrow. So, I get in the car after work tonight.........and the MOFOing A/C stopped cooling. So now I am completely pissed out of my mind. And I hope no one calls tomorrow, so I can try to fix it. I think the valve has a leak.

On a side note.....it gave me a good reason to go pick up a microbrew. Which I am currently drinking. (Diamond Bear Pale Ale)
Why are you using the classifieds in the paper, craigslist and other internet sites are the way to go these days. Most are free.

http://craigslist.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 06-19-2008, 02:36 AM   #13
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Memphis, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Woot......The ad for my civic came out in the paper today and I sold it about 40 min ago. Got what I was asking for it too.