POS car - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > POS car

Old 06-11-2008, 03:29 AM   #1
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Memphis, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So I've been fixing up my car for the last 2 weeks...getting it ready to sell. I called the newspaper today to put the ad in the paper of tomorrow. So, I get in the car after work tonight.........and the MOFOing A/C stopped cooling. So now I am completely pissed out of my mind. And I hope no one calls tomorrow, so I can try to fix it. I think the valve has a leak.

On a side note.....it gave me a good reason to go pick up a microbrew. Which I am currently drinking. (Diamond Bear Pale Ale)

Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Ugh, that's always the way it happens, isn't it? If it makes you feel better, you could sell it up here in the Pacific Northwest! It's been 50 degrees practically every day since October.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5022 Times on 3391 Posts

http://www.ackits.com

Check out this forum. They have some pretty good advice. You might find some technical information on troubleshooting and whatnot.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pjHkIm3Z3gA

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 06-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodfatherX View Post
So I've been fixing up my car for the last 2 weeks...getting it ready to sell. I called the newspaper today to put the ad in the paper of tomorrow. So, I get in the car after work tonight.........and the MOFOing A/C stopped cooling. So now I am completely pissed out of my mind. And I hope no one calls tomorrow, so I can try to fix it. I think the valve has a leak.

On a side note.....it gave me a good reason to go pick up a microbrew. Which I am currently drinking. (Diamond Bear Pale Ale)
What kinda car do you have, maybe I cna help you trouble shoot it

Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

If its AC...

When did it work last? And how well was it working?
You will have to sherader valves, one high side, one low side, make your the valves are tight.
Year make and model will help too!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Memphis, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thx for all the replies guys. It just stopped working over night basically. It was almost completely out of freon and I could hear it leaking through the valve. It is a 97 civic. My valve doesn't unscrew and to be quite honest I didn't feel like messing with it....so I just now got done putting a can of stop leak and another can of freon in it. (yes I used a hose with a gage) Its cooling very well right now and I do not hear the leak anymore.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #8
blacklab

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
Ugh, that's always the way it happens, isn't it? If it makes you feel better, you could sell it up here in the Pacific Northwest! It's been 50 degrees practically every day since October.
I am beginning to hate it here. It's practically the middle of June and it's freezing.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodfatherX View Post
Thx for all the replies guys. It just stopped working over night basically. It was almost completely out of freon and I could hear it leaking through the valve. It is a 97 civic. My valve doesn't unscrew and to be quite honest I didn't feel like messing with it....so I just now got done putting a can of stop leak and another can of freon in it. (yes I used a hose with a gage) Its cooling very well right now and I do not hear the leak anymore.
I have a few Honda service manuals in PDF form if you need to look at a few diagrams and such.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

I still regret getting rid of my '89 Civic, but California couldn't find my title (this was a one-owner car purchased new in CA) & Oregon wouldn't let me register without one.

On the other hand, it needed CV joints and a wind shield, so maybe that was a blessing to have to give it away.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk