What has homebrewing taught you - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What has homebrewing taught you

Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #41
Chris_Dog
Orange whip?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Orlando, FL
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsul View Post
I also learned that when you really need a keg, that one you think is going to blow any minute will be bottomless.
+1 No kidding, I have made that mistake more than once!

For me it has been the attention to details.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #42
niquejim
Burrowing Owl Brewery

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Cape Coral Florida
Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post

I also learned that I can gain alot of weight in a short period of time just by increasing my beer consumption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenche View Post
+1 on that!

I started my trusty diet 4 weeks ago, that has never failed me in the past. It essentially involves an increased excercise regimen, and good nutrional choices.

The only difference this time around is that I have 10 gallons of tasty homebrew in the kegerator.

Instead of losing the expected 4 lbs, I have gained 3 lbs.
I understand this one. Last week my daughter came out to the garage and saw me drinking a beer while riding the stationary bike, shook her head and walked away

Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #43
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7677 Times on 6273 Posts

When I read about the evils of drinking beer, I learned that it was time I stopped reading.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #44
Neomich
Recipes 

Sep 2007
Fort Worth (soon)

In the short amount of time I've spent brewing, I've learned:

Patience
I know more about beer than before, but the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.
The TRUE definition of beer. (Hops, Barley, Water and Yeast)
Not everyone is as interested in beer as I am. WTF?
Belgium is now at the top of my list of international destinations

-Frank Zappa

Old 06-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #45
Desert Monkey

Recipes 

May 2008
Phoenix, Arizona

Learned about the story of beer, learned it's a great passion to share with people of the same ilk, and picked up a pastime that won't end up with my leg in a cast (no more flying hockey pucks and skate metal bits stuck in my eye- yup, SHMBO agrees that's a good thing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
When I read about the evils of drinking beer, I learned that it was time I stopped reading.
That's just funny right there, I don't care who you are -

—General Jack D. Ripper

Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #46
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

oh geeze....

I can actually build whatever it is I need for brewing, which is cool
I find it very relaxing and as if I ever needed an excuse to talk to friends of mine, I can bore them to death on beer topics....especially if we are drinking HB.
I also learned I love gardening and that I need 10 million bucks so I never have to work again, and can build things, work on my car, brew and garden

Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #47
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts

I've learned to pony up the extra cash the first time (i.e. wort chiller, bigger kettle, bigger mashtun, etc.).