Originally Posted by Boerderij Kabouter
Forgive me, but Servomyces is just a yeast nutrient that is mostly dead yeast cells, correct? I can't remember if that was right off the top o' me head.
I think you are correct but they also add zinc I believe. Here is the quote off the White Labs website.
Servomyces Yeast Nutrient
Servomyces is a nutritional yeast supplement (GMO free) that was originally developed for German brewers by Weihenstephan and the Munich University. It conforms to the restrictions of Reinheitsgebot. Servomyces enables any yeast strain's ability to incorporate essential nutrients into its cellular structure. Tested in breweries around the world, it has been proven to:
* Cut down fermentation time
* Increase flocculation
* Greatly reduce harsh sulfur notes
* Improve the health and viability of yeast
* Reduce levels of diacetyl at the end of primary fermentation
* Produce faster, more complete attenuations
* Increase yeast production for a better harvest
* Improve the quality of the finished product