Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Pinlock and balllock compatability

Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
nyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Pinlock and balllock compatability

I have been using three pinlock kegs. I found I needed a couple of more kegs and I got lucky and grabbed two balllocks from a friend dirt cheap. The fittings I have for the pinlock's have the threaded end where the line attachs, Is there any reason why I can't use the same type fitting on the balllocks and just unscrew the line and screw it whichever keg I'm using? I have to order the stuff online so I can't actually try them to make sure everything would work.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Cookiebaggs
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer View Post
I have been using three pinlock kegs. I found I needed a couple of more kegs and I got lucky and grabbed two balllocks from a friend dirt cheap. The fittings I have for the pinlock's have the threaded end where the line attachs, Is there any reason why I can't use the same type fitting on the balllocks and just unscrew the line and screw it whichever keg I'm using? I have to order the stuff online so I can't actually try them to make sure everything would work.

There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, the threaded end will allow you to easily use both styles of connectors.

Reason: damn typos!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Thank you, I thought that would work , but, without having the parts in my hands I couldn't be sure.