Hard Lemonade - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wine Recipes > Hard Lemonade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #91
jamesjensen1068
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Omaha, NE
Posts: 348
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts


I plan on making this ahead of time for a 4th of July party and bottling it in 1 gallon jugs with a screw on cap. How long do you think it would keep like this?

On the day of the party I would just pour from the jugs into a dispenser and maybe sweeten it the day of the party?? We have these cool dispensers that we got at Sam's Club during the summer that are two pieces. The main part holds the beverage and has a spout for dispensing and it sits on a bowl shaped stand that you put ice in to keep the beverage cold without watering it down.

Here is the dispenser...we've used it primarily for Trash Can Margaritas: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...812&navAction=

Or search their site for "Unbreakable Beverage Dispenser" if link is dead



Reason: added wedsite link

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #92
OHIOSTEVE
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
SIDNEY, ohio
Posts: 3,526
Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts


I want to make this, but want to carb and bottle it.. would this idea work....Let this ferment out dry, then sweeten with splenda or some other unfermentable.. THEN prime with corn sugar and bottle as I would beer?


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethepoolguy View Post
I started brewing 69 days ago, 35 gal so far. SWMBO hasnt complained yet! Better than the hookers, gambling, and crack I used to do, I guess.
BALDGUT BREWS

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #93
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,032
Liked 7615 Times on 5359 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjensen1068 View Post
I plan on making this ahead of time for a 4th of July party and bottling it in 1 gallon jugs with a screw on cap. How long do you think it would keep like this?

On the day of the party I would just pour from the jugs into a dispenser and maybe sweeten it the day of the party?? We have these cool dispensers that we got at Sam's Club during the summer that are two pieces. The main part holds the beverage and has a spout for dispensing and it sits on a bowl shaped stand that you put ice in to keep the beverage cold without watering it down.

Here is the dispenser...we've used it primarily for Trash Can Margaritas: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...812&navAction=

Or search their site for "Unbreakable Beverage Dispenser" if link is dead
If the cap fits tightly (no air entering), it'll keep a long time. Definitely long enough for the Fourth of July.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #94
jamesjensen1068
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Omaha, NE
Posts: 348
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts


Yooper thanks much for the reply....very much looking forward to making the Hard Lemonade. Will also have Apfelwein at the party......think it's gonna be a good time???

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #95
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,032
Liked 7615 Times on 5359 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjensen1068 View Post
Yooper thanks much for the reply....very much looking forward to making the Hard Lemonade. Will also have Apfelwein at the party......think it's gonna be a good time???
sounds great- but don't forget the beer!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

donkeybigbird Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #96
jamesjensen1068
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Omaha, NE
Posts: 348
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts


With my family it's BYOB or I'd go broke for sure.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #97
jamesjensen1068
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Omaha, NE
Posts: 348
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts


Started my first batch last Saturday with an OG of 1.094. I started two packets of yeast and pitched them 24 hours later and it's been fermenting nicely since then. Checked the gravity today and I'm at 1.056 today. SWMBO tried the sample today and really likes it. This may be a mainstay in my brewing arsenal. I'm using a 4 1/4 gallon frosting bucket from Walmart to ferment in. I didn't have to stir as per the instructions as it seemed to realy take off right away. I will secondary in the same kind of bucket. Thanks again for this recipe.

Reason: Add info

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #98
gicts
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Kentucky
Posts: 321
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Did a few keyword searches with no hits...

What serving pressure is recommended? A normal 12ish or a much higher soda-like PSI?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #99
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
rod's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
brantford,ontario
Posts: 1,216
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


i serve mine at my usual beer pressure of 10 -12.
most times i bottle from the keg as this is a drink i share a lot of.
last few batches i have left out the DME and just use sugar and lemonade conscentrate.
let it ferment out, stabalize with sorbate and campden back sweeten with a can of concentrate an force carb.
pic shows why i backsweeten
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1320_1.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	15292  
__________________
simplified signature:
beer, wine, cheese in various stages of production

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #100
gicts
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Kentucky
Posts: 321
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


W
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
i serve mine at my usual beer pressure of 10 -12.
most times i bottle from the keg as this is a drink i share a lot of.
last few batches i have left out the DME and just use sugar and lemonade conscentrate.
let it ferment out, stabalize with sorbate and campden back sweeten with a can of concentrate an force carb.
pic shows why i backsweeten
Whew that's dry! Thanks foe the advise! Yours looks very clear too!



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hard lemonade mitch1 Recipes/Ingredients 4 08-10-2012 12:45 AM
Help with a hard lemonade... Bobby1579 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 6 10-17-2008 01:04 PM
Hard lemonade Nate Recipes/Ingredients 6 07-02-2006 06:19 PM


Forum Jump