I made a 500ml starter rehydrated 1 12g pack, pitched it in the starter wort, placed it on the stirplate and it took off like a rocket. In about 2 hours I could see krausen foam.
24 hours later there were no signs of fermentation so I made 1500ml of starter wort added it to the flask and placed back on the stirplate. Again within 2 hours krausen started to form.
24 hours later the starter had finished and I had about 1" yeast layer on the bottom of the flask. I placed the starter in the fridge to cold crash and tomorrow I will decant the spent wort and take some samples for freezing and pitch the rest in tomorrows batch.