OMFG, I Love Sex and the City!!! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > OMFG, I Love Sex and the City!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

With all this talk all over the media and interwebs about the new movie about those four shrieking whore-harpies, I must express how much I love that damn show.

Because every time she turns it on, I get to disappear downstairs for some GTA-IV on the Aquos, and she can't say word one, because she's watching that damn show, and it's like a "play-GTA-IV-all-night-free" card. Fahk yeah.

As for the movie...check out this awesome review from a man's perspective. Pricelesssssss!

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Aubie Stout
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Birmingham, Al
Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts

Never seen an episode. That review was hilarious......

Old 06-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Shoot me now....

Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
k1v1116
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ive never met anyone who watches that show, I think its entire ratings are based on people who say they know someone else who watches it, no first hand confirmation like an urban legend or something. at least its spawned some good parodies, if you cant be funny at least other people can make fun of you.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Canberra, ACT Australia
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Sex and the City VS GTA IV.. Which one is the bigger waste of time?

You couldn't pay me to waste my time on either one of them.

You think SITC is a waste of time.. She thinks GTA IV is a waste of time.. methinks you are both right....

Just my opinion.. I could be wrong

Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
Chris_Dog
Orange whip?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Orlando, FL
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey Even by the title of this thread I thought we would need to pull your man card.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
Air Pirate

Recipes 

Dec 2007
K-Rock, Northern Mexico/Southern Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i lived with two female roommates a little while back. one of them was a disturbingly huge fan of the show. the other thought it was retarded. we would all watch it from time to time though.

but woe betide the roomie that decided to knock the show...

Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOz77 View Post
Sex and the City VS GTA IV.. Which one is the bigger waste of time?

You couldn't pay me to waste my time on either one of them.

You think SITC is a waste of time.. She thinks GTA IV is a waste of time.. methinks you are both right....

Just my opinion.. I could be wrong
It's got nothing to do with whether or not it's a "waste of time". Everyone has their own forms of entertainment, and to judge them based on whether they're a "good use of your time" is an obtuse form of measurement for that which is "entertainment"...

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

I do know one couple who watches it. They live in Connecticut, which is just a suburb of NYC. My theory is that only Nu Yawkers from the city watch it, and those are the only folks who get asked about ratings crap.

I agree with PeteOz on this. Both seem like a waste of time, but hell, I have my own time wasters. We all need down time.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Also, the movie is two and half-hours – I repeat – two and half hours of nearly every single female stereotype and melodramatic device amped up to the extreme strung together with a flimsy, almost non existent plot. Again, the women in my audience loved every minute of it and perhaps would’ve lasted another hour.
I'm out, too much for me, Sarah Jessica Parker's face looks like a foot and I can barely tolerate the commercials she does, 2 and a 1/2 hours would leave me in disgust.

Quote:
For about six seconds the screen went black at our screening due to a small reel malfunction. I swear the women in the audience reacted as if their child had been kidnapped. The audio was fine, but I’m positive if the screen remained black for a few more seconds there would’ve been a near riot. I wrote this down in my notes: “The women erupted with gasps and fear.”
haha, awesome review, hilarious.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com