Growing coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
A friend recently gave me some coffee seeds he got from this place: http://www.sweetmarias.com/

Just started to grow this weekend on my balconey garden. Can't wait to see what happens my first time.

I am an avid coffee drinker, probably my worst addiction, never tried home grown beans before.

Anyone else an avid drinker or grower?

I drink coffee. I wouldn't call myself and advid drinker of the stuff, but I have my coffee pot on a timer and a batch is waiting for me every morning (assuming I remembered to clean it and put fresh grounds in).

It sounds interesting, but i don't think I have the climate for it. I understand that coffee beans like to grow in tropic and subtropic climates.. even indoors that is not possible 3/4 of the year.

You also have to learn the art of roasting the beans. Which I imagine wouldn't be hard, but would be an art all in itself.

... well, there's my useless post of the day. Let us know how it turns out!!

did you ever have any luck with the seeds? I have my own coffee plant but I bought it as a small plant already so didn't have to germinate the seed.

Back