Michelob Ultra is WONDERFUL! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Michelob Ultra is WONDERFUL!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Jun 2007
The "Ville"
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

...if you have a drinking problem.

Just set a normal amount of beers for an evening (say 3) in your fridge. Then line up a sixer of Michelob Ultra behind that with the solemn oath that you will not drink anything else until you have finished the Ultra. Put any other cold beer behind the ultra.

You will drink the 3 beers, and then 2 or 3 sips into the first ultra, you will decide that you no longer really need another beer.

Good God.

That sixer should last you at least a week or so.
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
alemonkey
Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lincoln, NE
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

As weak as that stuff is, it should take a good drinker maybe 5-10 minutes to burn through it. That has got to be the most watery, tasteless beer I've ever tried.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:33 AM   #3
quickerNu

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Harker Heights, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ahh, yes, both my neighbors beer of choice. I gave them my american wheat and they called it 90 wt.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemonkey View Post
As weak as that stuff is, it should take a good drinker maybe 5-10 minutes to burn through it. That has got to be the most watery, tasteless beer I've ever tried.
I disagree. I'm a good drinker, but I struggle with that much liquid. I have to drink a minimum of 80 ounces of water a day for my diet and it's pretty danged hard for me to do.

I definitely couldn't consume a carbonated beverage any faster...

Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
BrewWench

Recipes 

May 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm ashamed that that is often the beer of choice for the women my age that I know. Ugh. Why even drink anything?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Jun 2007
The "Ville"
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

My SWMBO (who bought the wretched stuff) finally pointed it out to me. It's ZIMA!!!!!!

Cactus and lime. zima is back.god help us and have mercy on their souls.
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 05-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A while back (wow 6 years ago!) I went to visit my best high school friend out at his college in Kansas... he raved how Michelob Ultra was his favorite best tasting beer of all time....

I haven't spoken to him since.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 05-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

I just put a few of that batch that "never really quite worked out" and that seems to do it if need be. But eventually I'll cook with it and then the floodgates open again

Old 05-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

I drank a 20pk of Michelob Light bottles once in just over an hour. We were playing Chase the Ace.

Michelob Light is still one of my preferred BMC beers. Ultra, however, is just water. I could probably guzzle that stuff *far* too quickly.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 05-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

I have to be honest here. I enjoy the occasional BMC, particularly on a hot day...maybe after working in the yard. Regular Coors appeals to me, then, as does Corona Light with lime. But Ultra? Not a chance. And that's saying something, as apparently my own beer tastes are somewhat more pedestrian than most on this forum.