Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale)

Old 01-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #491
jiggs_casey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 73

I am so doing this recipe next... I have too many hairly knuckle dragging friends that chuckle and laugh and look at me a little odd when I tell them I brew my own beer to not try this.

For some of them, it wouldn't matter if I handed them a craft beer (bought, from a store, with a receipt) or I hand them something I brewed. "Tastes like swampwater!", is what I hear... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeb View Post
It's my God-given right to be as stupid as I want to be. How dare the government get in the way.
Go Beer!

Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #492
Shamrock28
Recipes 

You both are making valid points...What to do what to do haha

Old 01-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #493
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 697 Times on 397 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs_casey View Post
I am so doing this recipe next... I have too many hairly knuckle dragging friends that chuckle and laugh and look at me a little odd when I tell them I brew my own beer to not try this.

For some of them, it wouldn't matter if I handed them a craft beer (bought, from a store, with a receipt) or I hand them something I brewed. "Tastes like swampwater!", is what I hear... lol
Tell you what...pull out a half pound of the 2-row and a half pound of the corn and replace with 1 pound of simple table sugar. That will really lighten up and dry out this beer. That's a pretty normal practice for me with my "house" beer.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #494
Shamrock28
Recipes 

Didnt mean to stir ya up...It is common sense but the beer calculatr was being stupid. Not to mean i had conflicting reports on or two packs of yeast

Old 01-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #495
EO74
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is a very good recipe, i cut it in half.My next attempt i was thinking of cutting the faked corn down to 1#.So it would be 6#2row 1#maize 1# rice whadda ya think?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #496
GroosBrewz
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Hey guys,

I am a little concerned about my ability to convert the starches from the corn and rice adjuncts, with my current 2 row base malt. I just bought a 50 lb sack of Gambrinus 2 row Pale malt and noticed that the diastatic power of this is only 50..very similiar to that of a Belgian or British Pale Malt. Typically I use Great Western2 Row (D.P. of 140) or Maris Otter (D.P. of 120). So do you think I will have trouble converting the starches with this base malt? Should I increase the mash time?
Also, has anyone made this with Wyeast 1056? I searched the thread but didn't come up with anything.Thank guys!
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Last edited by GroosBrewz; 02-05-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #497
GateTwelve
Recipes 

Just took another sample out of the keg and (due to my mistakes) was still a bit bitter, followed by too much sweetness. I added 1/2 gallon of water to the 3.5 gallons of beer I had and took another sample. It tastes much, much better - and is ridiculously clear. I think this is going to be a really great brew for the Superbowl and all the BMC'ers. Thanks for the recipe!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #498
bigred
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Has anyone tried this using a bit less 2 row and some amylase enzyme in the secondary? I have seen a couple light recipes where guys use it and was wondering how it would be with this one?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #499
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have used AE in this recipe and it works pretty damned good. I use it regularly in light-style beers.

As for less two row, see my recipe drop down for Miller Lite (Tri-Hop)

Its definitely has less two row. The AE helps keep the ABV up and the cost down.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #500
impatient
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
That will be one very dry...very crisp and very clear beer.
Cleared up very nice at a month in primary. I plan to bottle it this weekend. I have always used 3/4 cup of dextrose. Should I up it for something like this?

Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Pale Ale, IPA, Extra Pale Ale
Kegged: Hoppy Vienna Lager
Drinking: AllBitterNoFlavorTonOMunich Ale, Amber Ale, Cream of Three Crops
Soon: SA Black Lager Clone