Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Pressure barrel problem

Old 05-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
Freddles
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pressure barrel problem

Right lads I'm new to the whole homebrewing thing but after I bought a Brewbuddy kit and pressure barrel a month or so ago when i had finally brewed it and threw it in the pressure barrel, following all the instructions to the dot the pressure barrel didn't add any fizz at all. I added priming sugar and everything and I could hear the secondary fermentation bubbling away through the pressure release at the top and I figured it was somehow too loose but there's no way to tighten it. I bought a woodfordes admirals reserve kit earlier and it's going in the barrel in a week or so so I'd rather it have a bit of fizz this time, is there something special i need to do to the barrel to prep it or what? It's just a bogstandard 40pint plastic pressure barrel
sorry for any stupidity up there as i said i'm new

Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Welcome to HBT, we're glad you're here!
I'm not familiar with your setup but I know there are a couple of folks that use the Brew buddy so hopefully they can answer your questions. You must have a leak and my uneducated guess is it's around the lid. Maybe some lube would get you a better seal. How disappointing that you had flat beer on your first brew. Good luck having your next beer nice and bubbly!

BTW, just to give you a little razzing, not all of us are lads.