Best Practical Joke - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Best Practical Joke

Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Well now that I have a desk job, and an office full of bland grumpy people, it's hard to play pranks on people. But from days of yester-year, I've had a few good ones. Working as a mechanic for about 5 years I've worked with plenty of interesting people to say the least.

The best one by far that I've gotten away with was putting a few eggs inside of a paper towel dispenser (the roll style). It had a plactic tube that had caps on the ends, but went inside the actual roll itself. About 2 weeks later it was impossible to go near the damn thing, the whole time I'm laughing to myself.

So who's got some good ones. I posted in this area because I want the low-down, horrible jokes that you've played on people, and some ideas for ones to play in my office.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7470 Times on 6120 Posts

Depends on if the PC video card will support this but, ctrl+Alt+ (directional arrow) will flip the image on the screen.

It's funny to watch people freak out when they come back to their station and find the screen image flipped up-side down.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Depends on if the PC video card will support this but, ctrl+Alt+ (directional arrow) will flip the image on the screen.

It's funny to watch people freak out when they come back to their station and find the screen image flipped up-side down.
Nope just tryed it on a few computers.... damn cheap ass setup....

Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
cubbies
Tastes like butterdirt

Recipes 

Nov 2006
St Louis MO
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You can do a print screen of their desktop and then set it as the desktop background. Then you have to remove their icons (put them in a folder or something, don't delete them) then when they try to click on the icons they cant because they are part of the background.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Madison WI
Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

bought 500 green army men. put them all over someone's desk.

He responded with the classic 'fill the cube with balloons' gag.

I retaliated by putting one quart of rice from a Chinese restaurant outside his office door and 300 quart containers inside his office (the ones in his office were merely boxes-- no rice. but he was worried none the less)

His calm, measured response was to build a huge house over my cube using 2x4 and foam core and covering it with eater wrapping paper, peeps and a sign that said 'easter bunny lives here'. There were 600 plastic easter eggs inside.

I bought a lot of 20,000 (that's 20k) brown poker chips for $60. I am going to fill someone's cubicle overhead storage with them in such a way that they will spill out when they open it.

I have a 6 foot diameter weather balloon that I am going to put in someone's car and then have someone run in and say that they accidentally hit the car.

I bought an annoy-a-tron at ThinkGeek and we put it in a HR guy's office. He spent weeks trying to figure out what he was doing to cause the intermittent beeping.

I bought a recording device used to train parrots and put it in someone's car with a recurring message of 'you owe kornkob $20'

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #6
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Ok for the 20,000 chips, heres how you do it.

The over head needs to have a shelf, of put one in at an angle. Take a pice of cardboard and tape is to the front of the over head, this will hold the chips in place while you stack them. Load the chips in there then shut the lid and remove card board. The door will hold the chips till some one opens the door, then... CRASH!!!

Learned this one at my friends house a few years ago, we took out all the plates and such from the middle and bottom selves, placed the middle section on an angle and loaded it with 2 dozen eggs. We were tring to get my friend but got his mom instead. Needless to say, she was NOT thrilled but did laugh about it later, after we cleaned up the mess.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Madison WI
Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

Oh-- yeah-- the methodology isn't the issue-- it's picking a target, making sure he isn't working and then taking the time to come in. In fact the top of the cube storage here has a slot abotu 2 inches wide in teh top we cna use for feeding in the last of the chips and then sticking a yardstick in to pull them forward and leaning. We're going to put his keyboard and mouse in the overhead and lock it, leaving the key in the lock.

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
stever
Recipes 

Mar 2008
St. Louis
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

pop of a couple keys on a persons keyboard and swap them, like the E and R or the S and A and watch as they can't figure out why in the hell it keeps typing a R when they hit E!!! That is good for some fun.

I sent a buddy a link to tubgirl and was like "hey man, check this out" and form that day forth it was a major war. We eventually had to sign a truce some months later since we could no long click on each others links. you can google tubgirl if you don't know what it is, but I would avoid any links other than ones at wikipedia.

The same guy I sent tubgirl too gave me a fake winning lottery ticket worth 10,000.00!! that bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Great Cock man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
yeah, i've got big balls

Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One of my personal favourites that just came to me one morning when trying to figure out M$ Outlook's message filters:

I noticed that it is possible to actually execute a program when a certain word is present in a mail....hmm...since I work as a programmer I put together a small app that, when executed turned up the volume to max and then played a .wav file of my liking. I installed it on a couple of my workmates computers when they where out for lunch and hooked it up to trigg on a fairly ordinary (but rare) word in Outlook. They got back and I sent one of them a mail... It took them ages to figure out what was going on. The .wav file? -a really loud female orgasm...

H

Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
pcrawford
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Colorado

We just had a great one. Plug a second USB mouse into the victims computer and run the wire into another cube. He won't know and both mouses work. Then you can constantly move the victims mouse around. We did it to a guy for 2+ months. By the end was banging his mouse on his desk, throwing it, constantly complaining about his bad mouse driver, and went and got 3 new mouses for his computer.

It was a classic - i recommend it. It works especially great when you work in excel, trying to type in excel with someone constant clicking a new cell is a PITA...