Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Normal kegerator for cornies

Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Hermish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Normal kegerator for cornies

I am thinking about getting the kegerator in the craigslist ad below, which looks like the link to the new one, but probably 5 years old. I have not seen the tank, so I don't know the size of it, but I was wondering what I would need to make it work with cornies. I already have a bunch of cornies, and a tank and regulator, but I am just using picnic taps right now. And, do you think it is worth $300. Hopefully that makes sense, thanks for the help.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refri...050eabss.shtml

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/hsh/663920107.html

Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I don't know, thats a tough one. For about 400 you can get your self a chest freezer, digital thermostat, and probably 3-4 tabs with separate regulators. That would hold 6-8 cornies depending on model.

Sure, it takes some work on your part to do the modifications, but long term, you'd probably regret only being able to fit 1, maybe 2 cornies in there. And it only has a single tap that I dont believe has the right fittings for ball or pin lock. So you already have $300 plus new fittings.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Your starting out with used equipment past its warranty period, feel lucky?
I would pass on this one and save for a new unit if it were my money and time spent on my home brew time and bier. JMO's.