Are you guys for real? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Are you guys for real?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #21
Zar
Recipes 

May 2007
Oviedo, Florida

ill drink BMC stuff if im at a bar and thats all they offer or if im working outside and i want something light do drink. When i want to sit back and enjoy a beer ill go with whatever craft beer im in the mood for. I personally think that the hating on BMC stuff has gone up a bit since they started making dumb comments about craft beer in their ads.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #22
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 527 Times on 423 Posts

I'm curious; where are these legions of HBT lovers of Dos Equis and Corona?

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 05-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #23
blacklab

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts

In before the yawn?

whoops, just missed it.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #24
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
I'm curious; where are these legions of HBT lovers of Dos Equis and Corona?

....I am Legion, we are many .... muahhahahaha

The last BMC I had was the Campaign (sp on purpose) of beers. For what it is and the cheap price, *shrug*. But it was given to me so, neeener neener.

Actually I have made a decision to not buy any more beer. So far, I have been going a couple of months.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #25
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

I'm happy being a beer snob. I don't care what you drink, if you like it, drink up. I'm probably on the douchie end of the scale when it comes to BMC and other cheap beers, I would turn one down (with a polite excuse), and drink water instead.

I tried a Bud light recently after months of not drinking anything but craft/homebrew and I had to discreetly pour it out after half a bottle. To me it has nothing to do with bashing BMC because it's the cool thing to do, I can't stand the taste no matter what the circumstance.

I still say, to each their own.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
Beerthoven
Recipes 

May 2007
Cary, NC
Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts

I can't remember the last time I drank a Coronoa, Dos Equis, or BMC. I just don't like light lager of any kind really, including the common European imports. Like McKBrew, I would rather drink water.

My parents visited recently and they went out and bought a couple cases of Yuengling (to take home, since they can't get it in MI). I drank a couple of those, and they were OK, but I would never buy it for myself.

Even though I don't drink those beers, I think the BMC bashing is way over done. It's so predictable and boring that its a cliche.

Primary/Secondary: #133 Scottish 80/-
Kegged: #132 American Wheat
Planned: IPA, Brown, Pale Ale

Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #27
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 527 Times on 423 Posts

I've drunk Dos Equis. Not great, but it's drinkable.

I used to drink a lot of Corona. Most recently, at a party where Corona Light was pretty much the only option. Not great, but free, so

I sat in my office last Sunday with a Mich Ultra, because it was all we had in the work fridge.

I don't bregrudge anyone their preferences, and it's kind of ridiculous those who do.

Here's my philosophy on life.
Don't be an *******. Let people do what they want to do, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Eat what you want to eat. Drink what you want to drink. **** who you want to ****. Make sure to eat plenty, drink plenty, and **** plenty. Let others be free to do the same.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #28
janzik

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Old Bridge, NJ
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
I'm happy being a beer snob. I don't care what you drink, if you like it, drink up. I'm probably on the douchie end of the scale when it comes to BMC and other cheap beers, I would turn one down (with a polite excuse), and drink water instead.

I tried a Bud light recently after months of not drinking anything but craft/homebrew and I had to discreetly pour it out after half a bottle. To me it has nothing to do with bashing BMC because it's the cool thing to do, I can't stand the taste no matter what the circumstance.

I still say, to each their own.
+1 perfectly put.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #29
html034

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Jackson, MI

Quote:
I've drunk Dos Equis. Not great, but it's drinkable.

I used to drink a lot of Corona. Most recently, at a party where Corona Light was pretty much the only option. Not great, but free, so

I sat in my office last Sunday with a Mich Ultra, because it was all we had in the work fridge.

I don't bregrudge anyone their preferences, and it's kind of ridiculous those who do.

Here's my philosophy on life.
Don't be an *******. Let people do what they want to do, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Eat what you want to eat. Drink what you want to drink. **** who you want to ****. Make sure to eat plenty, drink plenty, and **** plenty. Let others be free to do the same.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thread over.

actually hold on a minute, you drank corona light, how can you drink that crap?

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."
Baruch Spinoza

Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #30
jezter6
Recipes 

Nov 2006
DARLINGTON, MARYLAND
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
I don't want to let others **** who and where they want to because I'm tired of them polluting the gene pool. I think we, as a society, should force whatever causes impotence upon these people so that we can leave quality breathable air to those of us who deserve it.

And I was going to quote that "I am legion, we are many" thing, but someone beat me to it.