Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Are you guys for real?

Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #111
Vuarra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 18

It's kinda funny... here I am looking for the exact meaning of EAC, and I stumble onto this thread.

Here in Canada, where it's next to impossible to get Sam Adams stuff, let alone any Dogfish, and all the Southern Tier stuff is more expensive than getting into Heaven, I still felt the urge to post.

I'm drinking a 6 of Yankee Jim Draft. I probably could have gone with the Molson Dry (which has allegedly won awards). I also have some homemade stout, amber ale and ESB which I have as homebrews. Why drink this when I have my own? I drink mine for the taste, and I drink mass market for the effect.

Actually, if I could have the home brew without the damn annoying drunkenness, I'd do it, because the taste is more important than the ethanol. On the rare occasion I'd want to get loaded... well, $8.35 for a 6 pack on an empty stomach is a fair trade.

Fermenting: Real Ale, Extract Lager (with WLP830), India Pale Ale

Conditioning: Nothing

Drinking: Pale Ale from the keg

Old 08-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #112
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I like Coors Lite and I'm not afraid to admit it. It probably has more to do with the memories (or lack thereof) associated with the Silver Bullet. That, or Labatt Blue was my go-to beer when I'd go tailgating for football.

And when I'm out having Mexican food, a Dos Equis or Tecate with lime go great with dinner. I'm not going to order an Imperial IPA to go with my tacos.

Carboy 1: Tart Cherry Belgian Ale
Keg 1: Mad Hops IPA

Dallas Homebrew Collective

Old 08-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #113
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'll drink a Dos Equis amber because it's got some flavor, and I'll drink a Corona with lime if I want something light. The citrus is usually enough to mask the skunk flavor. I'm not claiming they're stellar beers but in the absence of anything else they're not terrible.

I did down 4-5 Coors Light at my brother's bachelor party though, because he got married on the campground his wife's family runs, and there was NO other alcohol anywhere. (though someone broke out a fifth of skyy vanilla late in the evening and at that point we were too drunk to realize it wasn't actually delicious)

Old 08-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #114
Beard
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I love to drink BMC products (because they are cheap and one of the few beers you can get in WV). Since I'm a college student I have constant exposure to them and drink them often (I'm not gona chug an IPA) .

I'm not saying I would drink them over any craft or home brew but hey I got to do what I got to do.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #115
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 532 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Oh man, I saw this thread and thought BK was back. Then realized that someone resurrected an old one.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #116
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Oh man, I saw this thread and thought BK was back. Then realized that someone resurrected an old one.
Same here Interesting thread though.

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 08-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #117
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Oh that is kind of mean. I got all excited too and now I'm sad because I miss the big guy.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #118
Stef1966
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

If im getting invited over dinner and the owners offer me a coors light as it's all they have, i certainly will drink it without a fuss.

But if given choices, i would pick something else for sure, here in Quebec we get unibroue products and some are usually cheaper then Bud or Coors or all these commercial big names, so i buy Unibroue in between home brew batches (when waiting after them cause their not ready yet you know...)

I think Bud Light, Coor's light kinda stuff just tastes totally Blah... like carbonated water of some sort, but it does the job on a hot summer day, it has it's place somewhat...

Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #119
Endovelico
Recipes 

Corona is the worst beer i have ever had. Its not bland at all it has a distinct sh*t taste and smell.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #120
Jeeperforlife
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For me, when it all boils down, its all beer. I started loving beer when all i could get was Old Mil and Beast, and ill probly love it always. Every beer has its place...like someone posted above...i would not want Barleywine with my burrito : P ill have Tecate