As if I don't have enough work on my hands building my HERMS, I am also designing a temperature regulating module in parallel. The best part is my CS buddy is going to team up with me and do all the JAVA / GUI code. Below are some of the essential notes from our kick off meeting. More to come!
* Custom designed PCB
* Microcontroller with built in ADC's
* 4MHz crystal oscillator
* Bluetooth transceiver with antenna for serial communication with PC
* Mutiple input ports for thermocouples
* I/O Terminals for control of additional devices i.e. pumps, solenoids
* AC-DC & DC-DC converters to be capable of running on 120VAC
* Serial port for debugging and optional communication with PC
* LCD display for module status
* Single tone speaker for audible warnings
* JAVA GUI based
* Takes incoming data and converts it to temperatures using polynomial fit
* Generates real time plots and other visual features
* User configures software based on their brewery i.e. number of sensors, sensor locations, pump usage
* User inputs batch parameters i.e. mash time, mash temp, hop schedule
* Software communicates to microcontroller when necessary and gives commands based on configuration. i.e. modulate pump for heat exchanger, activate solenoids, turn on heating elements
* Software stores all gathered information into an XML file (Batch Log) that can be loaded later within the same software
Please let me know if there are any additional features that you would want to have if you were to have one of these modules in your setup.
Brewbots roll out!