WTF is my stimulus money? - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > WTF is my stimulus money?

Old 06-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #61
Neal Boortz
Recipes 

Mar 2007
Atlanta, GA

I Hope you all are enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #62
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkore View Post
Did you file with Turbo Tax? A bunch of people got hosed who did (like me) and had to wait for a snail mail check. Just got mine 2 days ago, and was in the 1st or second group for early may...May 9th I think ?
I really must be a hoser I still haven't gotten mine and I was in the second group too.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #63
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraeHaus View Post
i got a letter from the IRS that said they were sending it out on the 6th of this month...
HOLY SH!T I GOT IT!

it came the day after they said it would.... sweet.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #64
Nate

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Virginia
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

Add us to the list of people who are not receiving any stimulus money... and I'm unemployed. Sounds like an excuse to have a beer to me.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #65
sully
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

lets see i got 2 50 lb sacks of 2-row, 12 lbs of raw california honey, 30 lbs of misc, specialty grains and a crap load of misc hops, ingriedients for a belgian tripple, oatmeal stout, and wlp041, wlp001, wlp530....and a really nice compound miter saw from lowes. sorry to brag but it felt so good!

Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #66
DrinksWellWithOthers

Recipes 

May 2008
MA
Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

I'm not getting a check either. I've been on disability for about 20 months. But if you didn't qualify, from what I understand, and you get a job by next year's tax deadline then you can apply for a stimulus check. My lawyer's secretary was telling me about it; I still need to look into it to get the specifics.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #67
Nate

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Virginia
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
I'm not getting a check either. I've been on disability for about 20 months. But if you didn't qualify, from what I understand, and you get a job by next year's tax deadline then you can apply for a stimulus check. My lawyer's secretary was telling me about it; I still need to look into it to get the specifics.
I voluntarily left a good paying job so not looking for any sympathy about it. We are by no means rich but still cracks me up that we get no stimulus money because of last year's income. As one poster put it, hope everyone is enjoying the fruits of our labor too.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #68
TwoHeadsBrewing

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Chico, CA
Liked 39 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Boortz View Post
I Hope you all are enjoying the fruits of my labor.
For all of you who really believe this...sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not your money. All of that money went to Iraq...for bombs, new roads, electic grids, oil pipelines, etc. Your tax dollars were spent before the government even had them. The money for the stimulus package is coming from the federal reserve...it's being printed!

If you really want to find who is enjoying the fruits of your labor, look to the people of Iraq, Afghanistan. Oh yeah, don't forget all the people you sent money to in China where all of your products are from. They are now able to afford automobiles and new houses because our country has successfully outsourced so much manufacturing industry.

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff